World Politics

5 Likes

Keiko Fujimori proposes a new date for the elections in order to settle down the crisis in Peru. The right wing politician says December is a good date.

1 Like

We want peace, and we want it now.

6 Likes

His approach is ethnic cleansing.

8 Likes

https://twitter.com/NME/status/1620799195698323480

The investigation was launched as part of a wider series of probes into military service evasion by South Korean celebrities suspected of contracting brokers to forge or doctor health documents. Some celebrities also currently under investigation include K-pop idol and VIXX singer Ravi as well as national volleyball player Jo Jae-sung.

According to a report from The Korea Herald, the joint investigation team launched by the Military Manpower Administration and prosecution suspects Song of contracting a broker for assistance in “demonstrating false symptoms of epilepsy during a military examination” and later “submitting an allegedly fraudulent report of his diagnosis”

1 Like

For all his failures, he’s spot on here:

Francis has a strong anti-capitalist streak, and he needs to continue to be vocal on issues like this. Now if he could embrace the idea that the church needs to change doctrine on the LGBQT+ community…

14 Likes
13 Likes
6 Likes

Ugh. “Briefing wars” is such a British concept. The EU isn’t engaged in this kind of media manipulation. Maybe they should have been, since the lack of popular support in Britain thanks to the skill of their chancer opponents is what lost Brexit, but they aren’t.

All I see in the quotes are loads of British politicians slinging their spin, and EU politicians saying “we don’t know anything yet”.

Spin politics is another thing the world has to “thank” Tony Blair for. (And yes, I know from Yes Minister that it existed before, but in its current form it’s very much a Blairite practice).

It’s just such a cynical move based in the British class system. They think they know better than their compatriots and that the public should be manipulated, not informed and supported in political participation. A couple of giggling public school boys playing pranks on the stupid peasants.

14 Likes
8 Likes

I have a theory, which is not supported by any facts, that this man is going to be the king who will bury the monarchy in England.

7 Likes

6 Likes

I suspect the upcoming generation of oligarchs prefer not to be constitutionally constrained. :thinking:

7 Likes

I’m still kind of surprised he kept the name Charles, which I always thought was avoided since the only time monarchy in England was ended was after Charles I.

8 Likes

Equally, I’m surprised his ma chose to name him Charles.

6 Likes
2 Likes

I’m surprised he went with Charles III as Richard III is rhyming slang!

4 Likes

They already had the full trilogy of Richards though. Someone will just have to come up with some new rhyme for Chuck. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

They could just replace the Richard with Charles and good to go!

3 Likes
7 Likes