9 Likes

Good to hear, hope it goes well. And that it’s allowed to go well. :grimacing:

5 Likes

https://archive.is/pNNCD

5 Likes

Bring pencils, charcoal and paper.

Conte crayons accepted.

6 Likes

"The traveller at the moment of entry into the country may only introduce as part of his luggage, one photographic apparatus and one pair of long-sighted binoculars.

So, not no cameras. Just anything that makes you look like you’re a member of the press. Cuba was like this up until pretty recently. They still don’t like to have stealth media-types, but recently I’ve seen people bring in full videography set-ups for weddings.

6 Likes

I’m reading this on my camera right now!

8 Likes
16 Likes

Done, thank you for bringing it up. :+1:

8 Likes
7 Likes
8 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes

So now that ISIL is scoring hits in Iran are they the “enemy of my enemy”? :persevere: :thinking:

3 Likes

Proxies for the Israelis?

3 Likes

Goodness knows what’s been going on behind the scenes, but it’s likely the sort of thing we see dramatized in episodes of Homeland.

3 Likes
8 Likes

Heh.

5 Likes

Here it is, in a nutshell:

ESTRIN: A, I met an Israeli family in shock.[…] And his sister tells me she can’t believe it. Israelis and Palestinians live intertwined in Jerusalem. Let’s listen.

TAL BARASHI: We are all the same. We have two legs, two hands, two eyes, one heart. We are together. Why we don’t live together like a family? Why I need to sit here and cry about my brother?

ESTRIN: I asked her how she wants the Israeli government to respond.
BARASHI: We suffer. They should suffer.

ESTRIN: We suffer. They should suffer. You know, Israel has sealed the home of the Palestinian attacker, promises to demolish the home. She says it’s not enough. She wants the attacker’s family to be exiled.

5 Likes

Face Palm No GIF

4 Likes