World Politics

Hope Springs Eternal

8 Likes
6 Likes

That’s an insane article with the conclusion “Canada is good, therefore fuck the climate”.

6 Likes

Evita 2.0

8 Likes

Ricky Martin Madonna GIF

5 Likes
7 Likes
5 Likes

It’s the Torygraph. They literally ran front page articles for several days urging an actual war with Spain over Brexit and Gibraltar (which voted overwhelmingly to remain in the EU). They peddle insane shit on a daily basis. More or less the Daily Heil for posh people.
“Many will still hope that Britain can become Singapore-on-Thames” Disneyland with the death penalty? I can see it happening. Lean into the monarchy with Brexit themed fascism abounding.

11 Likes

Running Out Of Time Loop GIF by University of Phoenix

ETA

10 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes

The half that got abused?

4 Likes
6 Likes

In 2022, some 380,000 left Germany’s Evangelical Church.

I wish they didn’t translate it like that. “Evangelical”, while a literal translation of “Evangelisch”, makes it sound like the crazy American evangelicals. “Protestant” is the more accurate translation here.

3 Likes
6 Likes

Anyone else hear about what’s happening in France right now?

Anyone else reminded of this…

9 Likes

Some of the footage I’ve seen is way harsh.

I wonder what will happen in the medium term?

4 Likes

Holy shit, that just confirms my association with the film… if you haven’t seen it, it now seems more relevant than ever.

Seems like that should be everywhere right now, in places where these things keep happening. In the clip I posted, her second guest said that it’s only about 10 people a year being killed, and the population is showing that it’s an unacceptablely high number. Because, of course, it is…

Time for a new republic in france maybe?

6 Likes
4 Likes