ETA2

2 Likes
9 Likes
5 Likes
8 Likes
4 Likes
7 Likes
2 Likes

I’m torn between thinking this sucks and between thinking the French are cooking this up (or blowing it out of proportion) to justify boots on the ground…

That’s the problem with what’s happening in these former French colonies seeing coups - there is a problem with post-colonial intervention by European powers (especially the French - I mean we saw what they did over Algeria!). But there is also Russian (and possibly) Chinese intervention there as well. On top of that, rarely are military coups the way to solve these issues…

Ice T Idk GIF by Law & Order

5 Likes

The desire for distance has reached the point that aid to Morocco has turned into this:

Reports are going back and forth about who in the government said what, while people need help. :woman_facepalming:t4:

4 Likes

Yeah… NPR did a story yesterday where some people suffering kept saying positive things about the king, despite problems getting aid. Apparently, the stuff that is getting through, often comes in trucks with the kings face on them.

But yeah, they’re not wrong about France, either. That’s the thing. But so much of the hallmarks of modernity that aren’t necessarily bad have been maybe forever tainted by it’s association with imperialism and capitalism.

6 Likes
3 Likes
5 Likes

This submarine wasn’t the only one to disappear in China.

7 Likes

Is this the hunt for red october, but with China instead of the Soviet Union?

4 Likes