World Politics

This is how you deal with a former leader who attempts a coup…not slow walk prosecution against them and then set up everything in case they win again and have a successful fascist take over next time!!!

7 Likes

Wow!

8 Likes
4 Likes

The National Coalition Party leads the coalition cabinet.

3 Likes
8 Likes
3 Likes
5 Likes
3 Likes

$58 USD in overall costs to make a bag for $2,780 made by a worker who makes $2 an hour

5 Likes
5 Likes

French Right Wing politician Marine Le Pen didn’t get in. Boo hoo.

20 Likes

The interview that Amanpour did with her last week that I posted above, Le Pen seemed so cocky that they were just going to sweep the parliament… You could see her assumption that the EU elections and the first round meant that they’d wrapped it all up…

Also, let us meditate for a moment on Amanpour’s reaction when Le Pen claims that they are between the US center left and center right…

9 Likes

Wait, really? Marine Le Pen didn’t get elected?

Awesome! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

9 Likes

Those are not happy tears :grin::+1:

9 Likes

Left/Green alliance biggest group in parliament according to predictions. Macron and cronies second biggest. Fash parties third.

11 Likes
5 Likes

Let the hand wringing begin!!

9 Likes

As always the question is: are the “centrists” anri-fascist, or anti-worker/poor/Black/Muslim etc?

If they are prepared to work with the left then France has a possible good few years. If not, or if they work with the fascists, it will be chaos.

But the wealthiest will pay less tax which is always super important.

I did read during the election that the right bloc were less willing to pull out of standing for seats, using the excuse that the particular left candidate was too left… in other words that they preferred the fash.

Also: I haven’t read anywhere else tbat Marine le Pen lost her seat.

7 Likes

Tv Show Comedy GIF by HULU

5 Likes

Of course, we rarely hear about how other kids tend to be treated.
:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

6 Likes