World Politics

I can’t find it now, but I saw a result in Le Monde that she won majority in the first round in her seat.

2 Likes

… the Left must always move to the center when it loses — and also when it wins :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Well they literally did just work with the left in order to keep the far right at bay. If they’d wanted to work with the far right, they could have done it for this election, and we’d be having a very different conversation right now. I suppose they could be trying to play both sides, but I think there’s reason to be hopeful.

3 Likes

Sort of. They were a bit picky and were very much the junior partners in holding their noses and allowing unopposed runs. Something like. 130 to 80 iirc.

3 Likes

Yeah, but still…they could have allied with the far right now if they were so inclined. So I remain hopeful.

3 Likes
3 Likes

5 Likes
5 Likes

I’m stupid. I don’t get that. Who is it?

4 Likes

The right wingers are thinking their situation is only pleasing sick left wingers…

7 Likes

https://www.reuters.com/markets/cuba-announces-new-measures-war-time-economy-amid-growing-crisis-2024-07-01/

4 Likes
7 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes

ETA

7 Likes
6 Likes
5 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes

The rich in France and the oligarchs in partnership with the Kremlin: tries to push a far right candidate to get what they want (ie low taxes and a tightened down russian oil vicegrip on the country).

The public: get’s so disgusted by that hollow attempt they elected a ton of lawmakers who would push extremely large taxes on the rich which would have never happened if they didn’t fuck up by pushing a cartoonish villain that a ton of people hate and watering down a fairly centrist Macron government.

Said rich people and oligarchs that election night:

9 Likes