World Politics

7 Likes

That’s about a tenth of what I would have expected

3 Likes

Brutally true:

Israel has murdered around fifty journalists over the past two decades. One or two might be an aberration. Fifty is a policy.

Sham, shame, shame on you.

7 Likes
5 Likes

For fuck’s sake.

4 Likes

I will freely admit I don’t know enough about this. Do you see Finland joining NATO as a net good or net bad?

2 Likes
3 Likes

Could Mr. Putin Retaliate cutting the energy supply tô the finns?

Edit
Oh, They already did It…

3 Likes

One of few things I liked about my homeland was that we were not in nato. Allying with war criminals is a bad thing.

Of course we have been involved absolute evil for years.

6 Likes
3 Likes
5 Likes

Global food production has been comfortably beating population growth for 60 years. In 1961, there were 2,200 kcals a day available for every person on Earth. By 2011, this had risen to almost 2,900. Crop production as a whole has risen much higher: to an astonishing total of 5,400 kcal per person per day. But almost half these calories are lost, mainly through feeding the food to farm animals, but also through using it for other purposes (such as biofuels) and through waste.

I was gobsmacked by those figures. Once again, hunger crises are always political.

(This article follows another by George Monbiot on soil health that I found compelling.)

6 Likes
5 Likes
7 Likes

I remember reading that the political situation in Lebanon is very complicated as the demographic changed and it could make the national pact a little difficult to maintain.

4 Likes
4 Likes
8 Likes
4 Likes
15 Likes

tv land surprise GIF by nobodies.

6 Likes