World Politics

10 Likes

Russia summons US envoy over ‘election interference’

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russia-summons-us-envoy-over-election-interference/ar-AAOjgX7?ocid=se

4 Likes
7 Likes

Does it have anything to do with this?

I’m not sure which of United Russia or The Communist Party of the Russian Federation would be worse, both are dangerously queerphobic.

5 Likes

The UK is facing serious food shortages because a bunch of old people were frightened about brown people

12 Likes
9 Likes

I mean… Isn’t food insecurity the entire reason they decided to go out and build an empire? Well, that and showing up France?

7 Likes

Definite shortages here as well so Patel’s promise to starve Ireland as a political tool is working out fine.

Everything is an opportunity though so it would be nice if our farming switched from export based meat and dairy to sustainable and largely vegan.

Who am I kidding, our Tories are in power and beef barons have been destroying ireland for profit since at least the Táin.

Reused joke by me. Hope it gets old.

12 Likes

Do these fuckers think it’s 1840 or some shit?

11 Likes

Well yeah.

13 Likes

I think that’s what Jacob Rees Mogg and his army of reactionary fanboys (and they do seem to be mostly cis men) want.

Wait, the Great Reform act was in 1832, they would want to remove that too (although that was the law that officially banned women from voting, not that it was easy for us to do so before then considering the property requirement).

11 Likes

Given that Mogg and de Pfeiffel have both written books and said many things that explicitly place imperialism, particularly in the 19th century, as a positive and moral force. Yes.

It may strike ordinary people as absurd that the genocides in Africa and India and mass enslavement could be so recast but their families got rich so there’s that.

11 Likes

That explains it then…

The 19th century… went Britain was gloriously murdering its way across the planet…

And as @the_borderer has been posting lately, Labour seems completely fucked, too…

Angry Denzel Washington GIF

Sorry guys. Is there any country that isn’t fucked up politically right now? Where can we all go where there is a sane government? New Zealand?

9 Likes

From time to time I see people on the net who claim that it’s all Covid and not Brexit because the shelves look the same in continental Europe. Except, well, they don’t.

6 Likes

But that’s where all the imperialists are going when they screw up the globe too badly to live and breathe, in their private bunkers!

8 Likes

god damn it eric cartman GIF by South Park

7 Likes

A couple of cement trucks will fix that right up.

10 Likes

Excited Ron Swanson GIF by Parks and Recreation

10 Likes
4 Likes

Right wing groups called for a series of demonstrations against Mr. Bolsonaro in several capitals today. These groups said people should´t bring flags of their parties and even don´t wear red clothes. Somehow, these demonstrations flopped, as “surprisingly” left wing parties and groups didn´t show up.

By the way, these right wing groups were the very same groups behind the demonstrations against President Dilma Rousseff that led to her impeachment. These groups supported the election of Bolsonaro too, but now they see the chance to regain relevance and, perhaps, elect a suitable candidate.

These groups and some other right wing parties are seeking for a so called “Third Way”, a candidate that would won the hearts and minds of the electorate. They don´t want Bolsonaro, whose popularity is dwindling, neither Lula, who is very popular. They didn´t find a name yet.

6 Likes