World Politics

6 Likes

Hoo boy. I don’t think the governments over there are going to be thrilled about this

3 Likes
10 Likes

Do I want to see the stats on how they’ve promoted sexist, racist, or economic bias? :thinking: Nope. Do I want a strategy for putting those publications out of business by starving them of readers, clicks, and ad dollars?

Yes Please GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

7 Likes

Without a source for UK news based outside the UK, that will be difficult. They are all guilty here, from the Morning Star to the Daily Mail.

I have downgraded to hoping that at the end of this every newspaper owner, editor and journalist involved will have to go to court in Den Haag to face charges of crimes against humanity. In the meantime I have a plausible get out plan, but thousands of other people don’t.

This is a reminder that Britain currently fits into 6 of the first 7 of the Ten Stages of Genocide. It is still illegal to form militias here, which is the only reason stage 5: Organisation doesn’t apply. I am 99% certain that Liz Truss and Priti Patel will do something about that though.

10 Likes

Best Friends Love GIF by TV Land

I’m sorry you or anyone has to seriously contemplate that. Both in the UK and here in the US. No one should have to leave their home to be safe. :frowning_face: I really hate this stupid, violent, evil timeline right now.

10 Likes
6 Likes
6 Likes
7 Likes

Oh No Reaction GIF by The Great British Bake Off

4 Likes

Does anyone know why there isn’t an arbitrage opportunity that would close that gap? I.e., why couldn’t someone buy Finnish electricity and sell it to Estonians? This article suggests there’s an interconnected grid, though it looks like the Baltic states and the Scandinavians are both loosely connected:

1 Like
6 Likes
3 Likes
5 Likes
10 Likes
4 Likes
7 Likes
9 Likes
7 Likes

What a great way to get everyone under 40 extremely pissed off at the government over there.

Edit: Yahoo mail, Alibaba, Amazon and several cloud storage services are also affected too from the ban.

7 Likes