World Politics

I’m not sure if that happens here. It can probably happen. Fortunately, I am privileged and have never had to go through such a situation. At least public hospitals provide emergency care.

In many cases it is not the best service in the world. But if there is a traffic accident, for ex\ample, firefighters or public ambulance services must take the injured ones to public hospitals.

If you are treated at a hospital that is part of the SUS (Unified Health System) and have some kind of health plan, the law requires that the government be reimbursed, but many companies pretend that this is science fiction.

6 Likes

The honeymoon is over even before the marriage.

7 Likes

Crosspost from UK Political Thread, part the second

7 Likes

The state of chinese ecommerce and their economy

5 Likes
14 Likes

Snl Season 47 GIF by Saturday Night Live

I would not want to be a cleric associated with the regime right now…

9 Likes
9 Likes
6 Likes

Take Your Child to Work Day…

9 Likes
9 Likes
9 Likes
4 Likes
5 Likes
8 Likes
6 Likes

I am sure you, american fellows, already watched this movie. I hope we get the very same ending here.

12 Likes

Waiting to find out if some of our own crazies have been lending their “expertise” to this.

10 Likes

Needless to say, these absurd news and encrypted statements made by authorities, the military and digital influencers end up inflaming public opinion. Since the Monday after the elections, in fact since 2018, Mr. Bolsonaro has been complaining about voting fraud.

His acolytes are camping in front of the barracks, blocking roads, but these days the situation is escalating. At least 12 people, including children who were travelling to an amusement park, were hurt when their cars hit a makeshift barricade. The police arrested 14 terrorists who attacked and set ambulances on fire last weekend.

10 Likes

That’s awful. Does this feel like an actual problem? Or futile last gasps?

5 Likes

IMHO it is serious and a lot of people are downplaying the situation. “Oh, Bolsonaro lost and democracy won”. The police is investigating the riots and they suspect a lof of rich businessman are sponsoring these protests. If they are spending money in this adventure, they believe that something could happen next january.

10 Likes