Worst-case scenario places Judith Basin County, Montana as our last redoubt against the virus

Hopefully it doesn’t get to cannibalism (or were you not actually suggesting Edith as a food source?)

6 Likes

I was thinking of Final Fantasy.

Do we eat the chocobos before or after the horses?

11 Likes

Can you stock that 25 bathrooms with toilet paper? :grinning:

4 Likes

Birch leaves and pine needles for thee, TP for Rob.

14 Likes

You’ll be glad for those horses when the gasoline is all gone!

7 Likes
4 Likes

This compound is on well water. Be happy it’s not 25 outhouses.

Do hope they’ve got a robust solar array to keep that well pump going, though.

12 Likes

And now all the people fleeing there will bring the virus with them. Self-defeating prophecy.

1 Like

I’m buying a ranch and starting an anarchist commune there, owned by me!

7 Likes

Weird that they went to all that trouble to calculate things per county and left off Alaska and Hawaii.

3 Likes

I do expect that if things get very bad, if you want to venture very far off the main highways one will face some self organized locals-only checkpoints/roadblocks.

1 Like

Real anarchists wouldn’t bother with the buying part. We should all just turn up and start squatting.

Or maybe not, I don’t think that the local gun laws would be in our favour.

9 Likes

I just think the scenario is now deprecated/obsolete, because now enough people will flock to it that someone unknowingly carrying the virus will go there thinking it’s safe.

6 Likes

wilson

20 Likes

Maine. She works for their Unemployment office

9 Likes

Anyone who wants to join my postapocalyptic anarchocommunist elf sex death cult get in touch

I think cough that sounds great cough. Where do I cough sign up?

Man it’s cold cough here. I’m shivering.

9 Likes

A few years ago, there was a scandal in several European countries involving a company that sold frozen “beef” lasagna. They used horse and mislabeled it as beef. What’s more, the horses in question weren’t supposed to be eaten (not food grade).

The result was, everyone wanted to try horse. The one butcher in town that actually sold horse reported a 600% increase in sales.

I cooked horse and beef steaks for some friends to compare. The verdict: they preferred the horse, while for me, the beef still had a slight edge.

3 Likes

What do you think you’re gonna be eatin, Edith?

What do you think? You’re gonna be eatin Edith?

What? Do you think you’re gonna be eatin Edith?

What do you think? You’re gonna be eatin Edith.

This community is really going to need a punctuation pedant. (No, smartass, not just as an alternative to Edith.)

14 Likes

And it’s just a skip and a hop to the single most beautifull road in the entire US. Going to the Sun road over Glacier national park.

8 Likes

That is absolutely a horror scenario with Catch-22 embedded.

I’m sorry that what is in front of your friend.

5 Likes