Worst-case scenario places Judith Basin County, Montana as our last redoubt against the virus

A few years ago, there was a scandal in several European countries involving a company that sold frozen “beef” lasagna. They used horse and mislabeled it as beef. What’s more, the horses in question weren’t supposed to be eaten (not food grade).

The result was, everyone wanted to try horse. The one butcher in town that actually sold horse reported a 600% increase in sales.

I cooked horse and beef steaks for some friends to compare. The verdict: they preferred the horse, while for me, the beef still had a slight edge.

3 Likes

What do you think you’re gonna be eatin, Edith?

What do you think? You’re gonna be eatin Edith?

What? Do you think you’re gonna be eatin Edith?

What do you think? You’re gonna be eatin Edith.

This community is really going to need a punctuation pedant. (No, smartass, not just as an alternative to Edith.)

14 Likes

And it’s just a skip and a hop to the single most beautifull road in the entire US. Going to the Sun road over Glacier national park.

8 Likes

That is absolutely a horror scenario with Catch-22 embedded.

I’m sorry that what is in front of your friend.

5 Likes

ONE BULLET ONE VOTE

How about sous vide bear?

1 Like

Yeah its honestly extremely unfair and unreasonable for parents considering most schools and daycares are closed so that would leave them with nearly no alternative options. They’re apparently checking to see if the kids are not with the parents by calling/skyping randomly throughout the day, so technically it’d be possible to get the kids to quiet down in another room but it seems really disruptive and lowkey hostile.

6 Likes

Now if it were cake

15 Likes

I’d be curious to know why their model predicts my rural southern MN county would have a higher infection rate (by percentage) than Minneapolis/St. Paul? Or why some rural South Dakota counties are higher than the one containing Sioux Falls? Do we/they just not wash our hands as frequently as those in big cities? Do studies show we refuse to practice social distancing even those we’re not as tightly packed?

Don’t cough. Unless you’ll want to end up as next day’s main course.

5 Likes

8 Likes

Not entirely safe for work.

Ooh I got a piece of cake as an anniversary present. Dancing will follow.

6 Likes

Unfortunately, as everyone knows, you can’t have cake and Edith too.

17 Likes

There are quite a few people who now don’t have jobs at all. Let’s check and see how upset they are about what your friends are going through.

1 Like

I’m glad folx are having fun cosplaying overblown zombie apocalypse tropes, but let’s try to remember that reality is also important. A year from now, almost everyone will not have died, or even got very sick, even in the worst-case scenario. There’s no glorious vindication on the horizon for gun-hoarding preppers or self-righteous Cassandras. It’ll just be a depressing tale of elderly people dying and poor people getting poorer.

This could be a chance for us to finally wake up to the interdependent reality of our world (“you didn’t build that”). So I’m not into shoehorning it into the same old Reagan / Thatcher / Ayn Rand worldview where it’s all about me, and who I can defeat to come out on top.

3 Likes

Raw horse, basashi, is a delicacy in Japan, and I agree- since I’ve had it- it’s fucking delicious

3 Likes

You had me at elf sex death cult.

I am intrigued and wish to subscribe to you insane and kinky newsletter😅

3 Likes

That’s what’s happening in the more remote parts of scotland.

4 Likes

Well we won’t go there now, will we?

2 Likes

Rich people from the coasts coming in, thinking it will be a safe place. Never too early to resort to cannibalism in a global crisis.

2 Likes