Worst Happy Meal toys ever

Originally published at: Worst Happy Meal toys ever | Boing Boing

1 Like

I was prime happy meal age when the toothpaste came out, but I don’t recall getting it. Seems like the kind of traumatic experience that would stick with you.

The minions were a bit of a stretch. I remember those being pretty decent (as happy meal toys go). I don’t think a few hard-of-hearing pearl clutchers is enough to qualify the toy a “top 5 worst”. Especially considering the complete junk McD puts out most of the time.

“This content is not available in your country/region”

4 Likes

Favourite happy meal toy - a plastic “iPod” that played a 10-second sample of the chorus of Aqua’s Barbie girl

3 Likes

I’m not sure if it was in the same line or a later one, but they also had pedometers at one point. I ran a few McDonald’s restaurants and we used to try to wear them and sometimes after 8-12 hour shifts we’d still be at only like 100 steps.

If you ask people who worked there, I think we’d call different ones worse. I hated the Ty ones the most. People would lose their minds about which one they were getting.

1 Like

The linked article is really shabby. Seems to mostly draw content from this list of 15 from The Recipe, which also includes pictures.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.