"Worst investment ever," says person who just paid $3.2 million for the Brady Bunch house

Removing the 4th wall in every room will really mess with the livability.

13 Likes

I don’t know, there were three seasons of The Patty Duke Show, but that wasn’t a situation where the brought in a cousin, Cathy was there from the beginning. Either way, I think the rule doesn’t apply if the cousins are identical. It’s sort of like making a show where the characters’ occupation is, in fact, jumping sharks, say at an aquatic thrill show. “Shark Jumper” – in color!

6 Likes

I mean, just make it more period-authentic and out vinyl covers in everything. That should keep it for the next 10,000 years.

I’d hate to be the one who had to make the decision. “OK, we need to rev up the show. Do we bring in a cousin to stay with our familiy, or a shark?”

6 Likes

… like “Archie,” the ’70s were uncool for so long that all the people who thought the ’70s were uncool are now uncool :thinking:

4 Likes

“Why not a cousin … that’s also a shark? And somehow also a dog? Can’t go wrong by introducing a dog. Oh! Can the dog adopt a poor minority kid?” (Although that’s really more of a feature of shows from the 80’s, I guess.)

6 Likes

I think the dog was there from the start, also. Didn’t Tiger interrupt the wedding in the pilot episode?

2 Likes

If Joan Crawford hosted a house makeover show on HGTV

1 Like

:musical_note: Here’s the story of Chris and Tina
Who were clobbered
By a seller’s sucker-punch
Chris and Tina
Had screwed up bigtime
All on some fucked up hunch

4 Likes

It may be, but it’s what you gotta do to get on the right timeline. Sure, the kid marks the end of the show, but then he eventually becomes a Ninja Turtle. As far as I’m concerned, we need more Cousin Olivers.

3 Likes

Another footnote in the book of reality tv home improvement show bullshit

Makes the way how fast food in presented in ads and commercials look totally honest. At least with a fast food burger you get the bread, the meat, the tomato, the lettuce, the cheese and the condiments that all seen in the commercials although looking nothing like what it looked like in it. With a ton of these tv shows you’re not guaranteed to have running water or a roof doesn’t that goes to shit 6 months after the tv show moved to a different place.

6 Likes

Bring in the cousin, as played by Ted McGinley.

And, ahem, Cousin Itt has entered the chat.

It Chapter 2 Hello GIF by The Addams Family

6 Likes

There’s enough of them that they constitute a marketplace for 1970s products.

I was in a home improvement store a few weeks ago and they were selling chrome and smoked acrylic egg-crate light fixtures that were very, very “1970s” , except they suffered from the current craze in Edison filament style bulbs.

This sort of looks like the one I cringed at:

While I haven’t seen avocado green appliances yet, I suspect they’re coming back soon.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.