WTF is a "Space Force $2 bill?"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/05/wtf-is-a-space-force-2-bill.html

4 Likes

I can exchange $20 for a $2 bill with a sticker on it?

Well that’s a bargain at twice the price!!!

19 Likes

For reactions we go now live to a typical Faux News viewer’s home…

Guess they gotta grift while they have a few more days to squeeze money out of their marks.

21 Likes

It is a pretty fairly common thing to imprint other stuff onto currency and make it sound like it is valuable and/or collectable.

Hell, the New Zealand mint and others are taking $25 worth of silver and making collectable coins with super heroes or Star Wars and charging 4 or 5x that much.

In a nut shell:

9 Likes

A better use of those $18 extra dollars:

9 Likes

Huh, I would have thought that to be the infantry.

[/dadjoke]

48 Likes

WTF is a “Space Force $2 bill?”

A wooden nickle for the 21st century.

19 Likes

But it covers up all those founding fathers gathered together on the back of the bill! That was always my favorite part of the bill because it reminded me of that time that Homer was trying to convince Barney that he had a $10k bill for him.

Homer:
There’s a $10,000 bill in it for you.

Barney:
Oh yeah? Which president is on it?

Homer:
Um, all of them. They are having a party. Jimmy Carter is passed out on the couch.

22 Likes

I can see the viral videos at Trader Joe’s and Walmart now.
“YOU HAVE TO TAKE MY $2 BILL, ITS LEGAL TENDER! IT’S AGAINST THE CONSTITUTION TO REJECT THIS”

12 Likes

Your post subject reminds me of my favorite two dollar bill story from the Internet old days.

IT: “Hey, you ever see a $2 bill?”
MG: “No. A what?”
IT: “A $2 bill. This guy just gave it to me.”
MG: “Ask for something else, THERE’S NO SUCH THING AS A $2 BILL.”
IT: “Yeah, thought so.”

8 Likes

These kinds of “collectibles” they advertise on TV, typically late at night, are never actually worth diddly. To have value someone has to actually want it, and it has to be rare so they will dish out money for it. I suppose in one or two hundred years one of the surviving “space force” $2 bills will be worth more than $2, but so will an actual $2 bill.

3 Likes

I’ve never seen a million dollars in person, so I know it doesn’t exist. /s

6 Likes

17 Likes

In space no one can hear you cry foul.

3 Likes

“It’s a gen-u-ine $2 bill…”

4 Likes

Isn´t it illegal to deface money?

7 Likes

Only kinda!

Basically, if you don’t render the currency unusable and you plausibly don’t INTEND to make it unusable, you basically can. Which is why I’ve been stamping my $20 bills with the portrait of Harriet Tubman.

14 Likes

Man, first they ruin my dream of Space Pew Pew, and now they ruin my love of $2 bills? Please, conservatives, stick with commemorative Jesus Guns or whatever

3 Likes

Image of example? I might ask for a stamp like yours.

2 Likes

Money for Dummies! I say we let them empty their coffers and mind our own beeswax.