Yes, they still make Bufferin

Buffered means it is less likely to perforate your stomach

1 Like

We use a buffered silicon dioxide etchant in semiconductor manufacturing. Usually ammonium fluoride (NH4F), as a buffering agent for hydrofluoric acid (HF). The buffering agent controls the rate of etching as pure HF (fricking horrible stuff BTW) etches too fast for good process control.

In this usage it tl;dr: it’s half-dissolved already.

Back in the day it was a go to, along with lots of water, for a hangover;-)

Seriously, I am currently dealing with chronic back pain from an acute experience about a month ago. Considering picking some up but currently dealing with the pain because I want to know where I am at and hoping to eliminate it as I did years ago.

Turns out, for me at least, if I don’t want to have lower back pain I have to do two things.

1. Limit the time I sit.

2. Consistently work to maintain strong core muscles.

I had been doing so well for so many years that I either forgot or denied these basic facts.

Boing Boingers may appreciate the first thing I did to get me past being pretty much incapacitated. Or, perhaps it’s the red neck duck tape fixes that community that would appreciate my PVC fix :wink:

Chronic back pain is awful! In the past I have been able to eliminate it with changes in posture and exercises and stretches. (Along with some visits to a Chiropractor to speed the process up.) I expect to be pain free again within a few months and hope that Jason will be as well!

I may not like to stretch and exercise and frankly I don’t prefer a standing desk but compared to the pain I will gladly embrace all three!

Wade

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.