Yes, Trump just said "titties"

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/08/08/yes-trump-just-said-titties.html

He certainly did say titties, not that I’m opposed mind you. He also articulated one of the most stubborn of Republican zombie lies: that if corporations had more money, they would use it to hire people. This is not how business works.

5 14 5 4 11 2 3 10 0 hours since Trump has said something stupid.

"if corporations had more money, they would use it to hire people. This is not how business works."
THIS

I own a small business… and no amount of pouring money into it is going to make it successful if people don’t want to buy the product/service i’m selling. Customers are job creators, not capital (in any amount). If they demand my product/service enough then I have to hire more people to get it to them. Simple.

I’ve never understood how everyone seems to have forgotten the tech bubble 15 years ago. That was a case study in what happens when you pour unlimited cash into ideas for products/services that no one wants. You don’t create jobs (yes, you might temporarily)… ultimately you just create unemployment of all the people you hired when no customers are interested.

I don’t know why this is so hard to understand. I usually have to begin with, “suppose you own a widget factory…”

Come now, let’s not debase the political discourse by getting distracted by insignificant slips of the tongue. Focus on the important things, like his tiny hands.

Yes, Trump just said “titties”
Intentional or not, that's the least offensive, stupid and mean thing Donald Trump has ever said.

Yay! Chinese titties in every garage!

I don’t always short-circuit, but when I do…

well, i’m not expert on straight guys, but i thought that boobs were on their mind all the time, so this freudian slip just proves that he’s straight, i guess? i mean, the misogyny is a given. [EDIT: TRUMP’S misogyny. not all straight guys. i don’t mean to imply otherwise]

the “common everyday folk” that seem to be all about Trump do not seem to understand this!!!

You do not just hire more people because you suddenly have a good profit margin. You only hire more people when you have more orders/work that you cannot fulfill!

I love his facial expressions after he says it.

Nailed it.
Wait. What did I say? Did I just say "titties?"
I said “titties,” didn’t I?
But they’re applauding. Let’s just look presidential here. Maybe they didn’t hear.
I said “titties” and they’re applauding. Winner.

I’m just glad he wasn’t in Minneapolis–Saint Paul

https://vine.co/v/5bzYLA7a1j1

I see what you did there :wink:

I’d have to say, the re-boot is going swimmingly.
Way to stay on massage!

Perhaps why he’s had so many bankruptcies…

Man, I generally have to go all the way back to Joe the Nailmaker!

Personally I like Mega-Titty One.