Yet another vocal anti-vax talk show host dies from Covid-19

Clarence Darrow:
“I have never killed any one, but I have read some obituary notices with great satisfaction.”

24 Likes

tumblr_2de7ff301b1accfcb1540ab1b5470579_5385ff44_540

25 Likes

I try as much as is reasonable to give people the benefit of the doubt, and try to think that somewhere inside a bad actor is a wounded human being who is craving sympathy. But some people are truly evil. This guy is beyond the pale. And it disturbs me that so many people so readily accept evil leaders.

9 Likes

Karma is deadly.

4 Likes

Same.

2 Likes

How is this any different than Jim Jone’s enforced suicide, except that
it happened en masse ? These are the pied pipers of the Death Cult.

They will be the reason that covid will be with us in 2024~

11 Likes

The severe irony of him co-hosting a show called “Real Science Radio” gives me a headache.

24 Likes

Nah, some of us actually go through shit and don’t act like that. I have zero sympathy for man babies.

13 Likes

I’d rather people not die but if people are determined to do so, far be it from me to stand in their way.

4 Likes

I see the Goatee Comorbidity still holds… :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Agree.

Is it possible that his death wakes up some of his followers and possibly saves their lives? Somebody, who bought into his garbage, HAS to gain clarity on the value of a life-saving vaccine especially when their leader dies at the hands of it.

Possible. Extremely unlikely. With all these people, the enlightening event must effect them (or their nuclear family) directly. And even then, it’s not unlikely they remain in denial. People will die, denying that they have Covid (“I have complications from Covid!”). Or people will concede they have Covid, but, on the brink of death, having been on a ICU respirator for 4 weeks, will maintain that the vaccine would have been so much worse.

Once political affiliation and religion (which are the same thing to these people) is involved, it’s intractable. The trick would have been to “fool” these people early on into doing what was in their best interest— a task which should have been taken up by all politicians present at the time.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Amen. Empathy fatigue is very real… I save mine for those who deserve it.

27 Likes

Its a damn shame his withering days weren’t publicly broadcast describing his hate filled actions toward gay boys and young men as they died horrible deaths. I would like to have gone to his bedside and reminded him of that. I would have laughed at him for his hatred and stupidity. Remembering the horror that gay people endured, often abandoned by family and loved ones, that era of hate is still painful. Scum Reagan was a precursor to the hate machine the republicans have become. This lot deserves no human compassion. Cremate them and good riddance.

10 Likes

Mine lies with you and everyone else on the front lines, Doc.

Once more, it didn’t have to be this way.

27 Likes

I dunno, maybe it was just God’s will that he had to die.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

2 Likes

Oh, a local. Bye, Bob, and thanks for making things a tiny bit safer in Colorado with your sacrifice.

5 Likes

Slight digression, but many white evangelicals are using an abridged quote by Martin Luther in regards to the plague to justify going out and pretending like nothing is the matter, putting faith in the lord to protect them.

When they completely flipped the context by gutting the entire middle of the quote where he basically goes, and I’m of course, paraphrasing: Avoid needless exposure and take all available precautions. Don’t let it stop you from spreading the gospel but don’t ask for it or endanger others either.

17 Likes

bob sounded like an evil, self righteous, bullying piece of shit. and he had plenty of people who thought he spoke for god. what a world.

8 Likes

It’s interesting the number of right-wing talk show hosts that are dying of covid, unvaccinated. Apparently they are true believers. They’re also fairly consistently terrible human beings, with a history of being racist, misogynist, homophobic and generally awful (more than one specifically taking glee at the deaths of people with AIDS), anti-science (and climate deniers), etc.

I don’t think this will have much of an impact on his listeners, though I’m tempted to say that at least covid is having a cleansing effect on right-wing radio, but I suspect it’s just making space for a new generation of right-wingers who are likely overt fascists, given what’s happening with the Republican party…

Yeah, I think at this point it’s become clear that this particular group (the right-wing antivaxxer, anti-masker) simply can’t be reached, and it’s just not even worth the effort to try. When it comes to climate change and other issues, it’ll be impossible to reach a consensus, we’ll just have to work around them.

19 Likes