Yosemite Sarah Palin

I suppose everyone has to have a good point.

I dread to think about what he would replace the Windsors with though.

6 Likes

The only reason Murdoch is anti-monarchist is because they have the nerve to complain about press intrusion by his vile rags. Politicians who suck up to him can expect extensive favorable treatment.
He’s only anti-monarchist because he wants to be kingmaker; it’s not a principled republicanism.

As T S Eliot put it, “this is the last and greatest treason; to do the right thing for the wrong reason” (Murder in the Cathedral.)

3 Likes

Only once the will is safely rewritten, and even then I wouldn’t want to suggest she would be so unethical. Or lacking in taste. For all I know she’s just an exceptionally kind woman who wants to make the declining years of a sad senior citizen a little easier.

4 Likes

Secret I hope she is actually part of an international gang of bohemian art thieves headed by Brian Ferry and that the wedding is just part of some elaborate scam.

6 Likes

It’s much easier to listen to when Yosemite Sam says it!

6 Likes

It’s literally true, as the recent SNL skit demonstrated - they couldn’t parody them, the joke was just that they were also providing self-aware commentary. That is, they made them more reasonable than they actually are. (What’s the opposite of satire? Because that seems to be the only direction possible.)

3 Likes

I was just going to mention this. I can understand the words better when he mouths them, Palin’s crazy words are even harder to understand when combined with her crazy facial expressions and disjointed hand motions.

Trevor Noah had a bit where he said she was a malfunctioning robot that had me laughing…

6 Likes

Hagiography?

4 Likes

I’d say both are comical…

1 Like

Edit: hey, @patrace, what did you think of pre-VP run Palin?

1 Like

Well, in this case it’s perverse anyways…

Personally I think squirmishes is a perfectly cromulent word

1 Like

Recalling just about everything Sarah Palin has ever said, quoting @shaddack from another topic,

“Couldn’t that be done by Markov chains? Doesn’t sound like too complex task.”

3 Likes

I would watch that Comic Strip movie. Even without Rik Mayall.

2 Likes

“Adrian Edmundson is “Brian Eno” in the Comic Strip Presents, “In Every Dream Home a Heart Attack”.”

1 Like

Sounds like a knotty problem. (rimshot)

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.