You can pay $1000 to block annoying noise, filter out bad air, and look silly wearing Dyson's new gadget

I feel seen.

This air filtering device is clearly designed for Dyson vacuum cleaner users to empty the contents of their Dyson vacuum cleaners without dying of respiratory failure.

The longevity of the respirator device isn’t really an issue. It just has to outlive the first irreplaceable plastic part on the Dyson vacuum cleaner.

It can serve double duty for users of the Dyson Airblade hand drying device that doesn’t dry hands but does provide a petri dish environment for the growth and spread of soon to be aerosolised bacteria.

5 Likes

This.

These “active” devices are dangerous spreaders not only to covid but also other airborne pathogens like seasonal flus, and are being promoted as fashionable alternatives to masks. Our understanding of how these pathogens spread has improved a lot during the pandemic, but the industry and the public still has a lot to catch on.

This is basically Dyson’s fancy version of this product:

4 Likes

Dyson’s electric car would stop working every time the air con filter got clogged, and the wheel nuts would be made of plastic.

5 Likes

“You Told Me There Wouldn’t Be Any Cameras.”

5 Likes

Well, for almost $1,000 I would want the whole cyberpunk cosplay outfit, not just the mask.
But I guess as proper cyberpunk lore, the gadgets are expensive. I did hear in the verse that you can get a weaponized set in some dodgy markets in Chiba City. And they come with a free bag of rebuilt Chiba krill.

3 Likes

Nothing new as such, but I do like the headline.

2 Likes

[Insert flashback of a Dyson product designer proudly going on about the Dyson Vacuum Cleaner: “I designed this with the passion of 1000 burning suns.”]

2 Likes

Long thread, but relevant and very much worth reading.

3 Likes

Silence for the wearer, but how noisy for other people?

1 Like

If everybody is wearing it now, does it still count as futuristic?

i thought that was scream punk?

2 Likes

Thanks for introducing me to arduinoversusevil2025… I look forward to being dis-abused some more… although I do really like my Dyson canister vacuum for a bunch of reasons (not including price, although… it was on sale and not too far out of range of other brands)

1 Like

I would totally 3D print an attachment to the Dyson that make it look like this. :joy:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.