"You deserve a f***ing throat to the knife" — Indiana man charged with threatening election worker

In their tiny minds they cosplay as both.

6 Likes

That could never happen in my district. Despite the rules, last time I voted in person, two of the three workers at the desk were wearing MAGA hats.
I’ve been voting by mail ever since.

8 Likes

That’s a really good question. I guess the short answer is yes because everyone thinks they’re the good guys. I dunno how a person squares that with making death threats like that though.

This must be a sort of Hollywood movie revenge fantasy for them. Like they all think they’re John Wick or something. It would explain their deep love of The Punisher. When you are The Righteous, all acts are good acts.

10 Likes

Well, whatever you do, however terrible, however hurtful, it all makes sense, doesn’t it, in your head. You never meet anybody that thinks they’re a bad person.

- Tom Ripley (presumably, the same applies to the writer who created that character)

6 Likes

well i wasn’t expecting that!

7 Likes

The difference being, the cushy pillows are instead AR-15s and the comfy chairs are lifted pickup trucks rolling coal. :rage:

3 Likes

the only solution is the complete push forward of peace and love and harmony at all levels of your life —-

those politicians who can’t or won’t live in that world need to be exposed and voted out of office

if your friends and family can’t get on board with peace and love … well maybe they don’t love you

Finallly — as CSN&Y (Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young) says —-

Teach your children well

I truly believe there are more of “us” than “them” — it is time we quietly and strongly standup to be seen with our overt actions of peace and love for our fellow humans

5 Likes

No-one expects it…

3 Likes

gesichtpfeifenback, perhaps?

7 Likes

Well, they are certainly not going to allow the Spanish one in, are they?

1 Like

Took me a little effort to figure that out. Good stuff.

3 Likes

Some of them are good people

3 Likes

Five years?!

7 Likes

My official polling place on the day is a church that fills a significant portion of its home page with an explanation that the foundational tenet of their belief is that the world is only 6,000 years old.

And my state requires a sworn statement proving there’s no way I could show up to that location for 12 hours on the day in order to vote by mail, but fortunately I am allowed to vote early at a municipal building instead. So that’s how I handle it.

10 Likes

My neighborhood votes at a nearby public high school.

The performing arts school which was only two blocks away was where we used to vote, but they were moved to another building, more’s the pity. I really miss the marching band practicing, marching up our street. They were excellent & played things like I Heard it Through the Grapevine and September!

ETA: Also meant to mention that the ladies and occ gents who are our voting workers are invariably sweet, kind, and funny AF. I have never seen anything inappropriately political around or in our polling station, nor on anyone voting, volunteering (for politicos), nor working there.

8 Likes

They could be right behind you at this very moment!

2 Likes

American Ninja was a thing in the 80s

3 Likes

American one you can expect…

The Spanish one is the one you can’t expect

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.