You must sign a waiver before you are allowed to eat ghost pepper ice cream

I’ve got a summer home in Scoville.

1 Like

I’d call this product YouScream for maximum publicity effect.

2 Likes

Is that near Yuma?

Is it hot there?

2 Likes

I don’t know about anyone else but I do it for the endorphin rush.

The headrush, adrenaline boost, and euphoria I get from eating a Habanero or a Naga or Scotch bell is like doing amyl nitrate and a bump of good coke.

I won’t argue it’s often about taste (although Salvador Molly’s Habanero fritters do taste good once you’re used to the heat), I really don’t think anyone gets used to the heat of a Joloka or Naga to the point where they can actually taste anything.

1 Like

William Castle made a cottage industry out of this… For a while we had this thing at a local theater called the Silver Scream Spook show, and they showed the Tingler once, and they had a replica of the seats they had in the original showing of the films - they’d wire up the some of the seats and randomly shock people during the a key point in the film… It was just a little bit of marketing, but it was pretty brilliant…

2 Likes

THIS! I was thinking the same thing. Their scorpion ice cream is pretty good, still hot, and requires no waiver.

It’s ok, my butt cheeks clenched too.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.