You too can smell like President-elect Trump

No thanks, I can smell like shit for free.

17 Likes

If I wanted to small like trump I’d just eat beans and jerusalem artichokes.

5 Likes
8 Likes

Crap. I literally have one of the prop missiles from McBain somewhere in a nearby pile of junk, but I can’t quite put my hands on it.

1 Like

And here’s me using Chateau Lafite as like a chump all this time. Thanks Rob!

Well, OK, boxed wine, not Chateau Lafite.

And I don’t use it as cologne, I just have it on my cornflakes.

Actually, most days I don’t even bother with the cornflakes.

But now I can pretend I’m a sexy anarchist trendsetter! :smiley:

11 Likes

“eau de toilette”…need I say more?

4 Likes

Pecunia non olet (in before @Enkita).

No mention in the article of the subtle hint of Tic Tac. Sad!

4 Likes

I’m betting that we usually smell by products of metals (oxides etc…), as most of the metals we use commonly aren’t volatile enough to have free floating elemental particles just wafting around (yeah, that’s an overly broad statement that someone will probably prove me wrong on).

With gold being particularly non-reactive, most of us probably haven’t been exposed to significant quantities of reactive auric compounds. I’ve done some gold recovery/chemical refining, and I can tell you that gold sulfide does indeed have an odor (though that’s probably more the sulfide than the gold…).

4 Likes

I’ve always assumed it was a reaction with our skin forming some kind of oxide or sulfate. From what Google says it is a reaction to iron…while I’ll take their word for it I know my hands smell different after I’ve been counting coins than when I’ve been handling raw steel.

Wouldn’t that just be sulfur?

That’s French-speak for “smells like a toilet” if my memory from that time I visited Louisiana serves me correctly.

2 Likes

is this one of the “pick any two” thingies?

4 Likes

You flatter me most unduly.

The anarchist trendsetters were not great about personal grooming

7 Likes

the second one is Kropotkin? both look cuddlicious, imo

and then there’s always Voltairine de Cleyre

4 Likes

Is he smiling or gloating?

Always wondered what sociopathic lies and hatred smells like. Guess now we know.

2 Likes

Given tRump’s business methods:

and the business methods of out-of-control capitalism in general:

I’m willing to bet it’s just bottled water.

6 Likes

And Emma Goldman.

9 Likes

Way to make me think about how much I miss the Dead Author’s Podcast. This was supposed to be a fun thread!

1 Like