You'll never want to shower without this gadget again

You’ll never want to shower without this gadget again

Is it a boing boing branded vibrator?

10 Likes

I watch anime on my iPhone in the shower all the time. I use me EarPods…

This device is perfect. To save water, I shower in four minutes, and Huey Lewis and The News’s Hip to Be Square single is 4:01 in length, making it ideal for timing.

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercial and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He’s been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far much more bitter, cynical sense of humour.

In '87, Huey released this, Fore, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is “Hip to be Square”, a song so catchy, most people probably don’t listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it’s not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it’s also a personal statement about the band itself.

13 Likes

You should have that printed on your business card - or your chainsaw.

6 Likes

Don’t use an older tube amp in the bathroom; power will come from massive transformers, and the system is dangerous in a humid environment. If you need that rich tube sound in the bathroom, use an amp with a tube preamp stage and solid state power amp.

We have an 80WPC wall-mount system in our bathroom. No problem hearing it over the shower. However, I’d gladly pay $19.95 for a wall-mountable waterproof tablet, so I could watch Premier League matches in the shower.

5 Likes

So why can’t I use my phone in the shower?

1 Like

and other “premiere” entertainment products.

5 Likes

I listen to a tube amp, watch TV on a CRT, and make toast while showering. Also I have an aquarium of eels in the tub.

8 Likes

Do you like Phil Collins? I’ve been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn’t understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins’ presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group’s undisputed masterpiece. It’s an epic meditation on intangibility.

3 Likes

Solo, not so much. Collins needed Perter Gabriel’s incredible talent with electronic instruments to really shine. Together, gold.

Nodding along…

And you lost me.

Yes, but…

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xev3f_genesis-jesus-he-knows-me_news?start=52

2 Likes

16 Likes

That’s the power of love.

8 Likes

That’d be News to me.

8 Likes

when in the shower, make your own entertainment.

10 Likes

When I lived in England my bathroom had a washing machine in it (with an onboard water heater) and an electric shower. Despite those legal dangers, code forbade a proper power outlet for plugging in anything other than an electric shaver. On bank holidays, when the BBC traditionally broadcast James Bond marathons on the TV, I would sometimes set up a TV near the end of the bathtub, stretch a long extension cord into the nearest room with a real power point, and settle in for a long bath whilst watching a movie or two. The bathtub electrocution scene in Goldfinger was always fun from that perspective.

12 Likes

TMI, amigo.

Jeusu H. Christ! How long are your showers?

8 Likes

Selling England by the Pound is, to my ears, their most balanced effort. The songs are catchy, they flow, and the album never feels overwrought.

Nursery Cryme (my second favorite) includes the theatric ‘Harold the Barrel’, which I think is the tightest thing Gabriel-era Genesis ever wrote.

2 Likes

A shower is precisely as long as it needs to be, and no longer.

7 Likes

new iphone suposabe waterproof, jus sayin - find out tomorrow

2 Likes