You'll never want to shower without this gadget again

article too long - i shorten:

You’ll never want to shower without this again

We’ve all tried to use our phones while we’re in the shower—and we all know it just doesn’t work.

The more obvious and effective solution is the waterproof gadget, comes with an ultra-strength suction cup so you can stick it directly to the shower wall, and has an impressively loud skip and back buttons right on its face, so you can easily navigate while your hands are wet. If you really wanted, mid-shower, just turn on the water. Don’t wait too long to grab one.

1 Like

It’s definitely their single best album, but I’ve got a lot of fondness for the song Supper’s Ready.

And A Trick of the Tail is far better than you’d expect.

2 Likes

i just ordered alexa to play dance on the volcano this morning - alas, she could only play a sample, had to youtube it - figured i might be the only person in the world listening to it at that moment - damn earworm goes through my head every few months - you’re halfway up and you’re halfway down

ooh, and then there’s los endos, which takes you to brand x, next thing you know you’re swapping your perfectly ok ortofon cartridge for a sumiko or a benz and staring down the tube hole… which starts to sound a lot like what got us into this conversation

1 Like

What the hell people? If your manservant isn’t in the room singing an aria while you shower and warming your towels what are they getting up to instead?

Probably stealing your silver, that’s what. Go check your spoons you fools.

12 Likes

Ah yes, for those mornings when you really wouldn’t care to hear your own thoughts in the shower. A place I have been, for sure.

4 Likes

I’ve grown a bit cool towards Foxtrot over the years but holy hell, ‘Supper’s Ready’ is incredible. Easily one of the band’s best.

1 Like

when will we see a broadway production of Lamb? - or a movie?

the scholarship has been done

If you search for “Shower Speaker” on amazon you’ll find this same speaker sold under a number of different names ranging in price from $8-$20. I bought one once. The sound wasn’t great, but it was usable, until it mysteriously died on me. It lasted a decent enough time for how much I paid for it (~$15), but I bought something a bit more expensive and robust the second time around.

Am I the only one who never understood the whole music in the shower thing? First off, listening to music while there is the noise of water coming through the shower head is not a great acoustic environment. Second, why? I like music but I don’t need it with me constantly. I don’t spend much time in the shower. I don’t need to turn it into a disco; just wash my hair, wash my skin, rinse, hop out, towel dry. It’s overly complicating one of life’s simplicities.

6 Likes

Yup.

Besides, if you want music in the shower with good acoustics, that’s what singing is for. :musical_score: :musical_note: :notes: :grinning:

5 Likes

I did once seriously consider mounting a cheap projector on the wall so as to be able to read ebooks in the bath.

2 Likes

This headline is absolutely true!

Thanks to the utterly convincing Boing Boing Store ad I never want to shower without a FresheTech Splash Tunes Bluetooth Shower Speaker. However, I’m completely tapped out after splurging on all the other great Boing Boing Store offers (can’t miss out on the great deals and “last chance” offers), so I can’t actually buy FresheTech Splash Tunes Bluetooth Shower Speaker. Now I’m afraid to take showers at all. Even just going into the bathroom to use the sink is scary… :cold_sweat: Not being able to take showers is going to make it harder to get out of debt so I can buy my FresheTech Splash Tunes Bluetooth Shower Speaker… I just hope they are still available when I have the money…I’ll pay whatever it takes. Just take my money! …when I have it…

4 Likes

You magnificent bastard, how am I going to possibly explain this to my Chinese co-workers who are wondering why I’m cracking up now???

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.