Young Karen blocks parking spot for her boyfriend, calls cops claiming she was hit by car

Should have let them park first.

17 Likes

Shades of my time in Scottsdale, AZ, the place where all plastic surgery goes to die.

7 Likes

This is horrible. I hope this woman goes to prison for filing a false police report.

Given the tension with policing in this country, her actions are beyond irresponsible and she needs to face legal and financial consequences for trying to use the police as a bludgeon.

18 Likes

I was thinking of something like this.

3 Likes

I don’t know if that qualifies as a “Karen”. There are plenty of other titles I can think of (vapid, rude, self-entitled, liar, etc) but she doesn’t have that “je ne sais quoi” of a 50 year old with a short hair-cut refusing to wear a mask while wearing a fanny-pack and shouting racial profanities at a minimum wage worker in front of her 3 kids at McD’s because she can’t buy one drink and then just re-fill it 3 more times.

9 Likes

I think it was the calling the police and the false claims that she’d been ‘hit with a car’ that prompted the use of the name.

Even though the woman in question seems to fit the description of ‘rachet-ass chickenhead’ better, she’s also doing a fine imitation of a true Karen, with her stupid self-absorbed antics.

25 Likes

There can’t have been many of them. He didn’t go to school at a fancy public (i.e. private) boarding school in England in the 90s, did he?

1 Like

No. I didn’t go to a public school, and certainly not in the nineties.

4 Likes

Agreed: less Karen, more Kids These Days.

“it’s lyyyyke A NoNn-brand cArrrr” hair flip

Predict she has a marketing deal with Nike in 10 9 8…

The cynicism is killing me though. So I hope she gets charged with filing a false police report.

12 Likes

Yeah, Dick Hurtz is a real person you know. [snicker]

5 Likes

Do appreciate the work finding just the right thumbnail in all that.

1 Like

Somewhere out there, yes; chances are good that such an unfortunate person does exist.

7 Likes

It might make me more determined to wait it out. Why reward bad behavior. OTOH, I’m retired and have the time to waste. I would also push for her to be charged for filing a false police report.

5 Likes

Funnily enough, I don’t remember him getting that much grief about it, other than a bit of initial snickering. This was in England, more years ago than I care to say, and “dickhead” wasn’t in as common usage as it is now: we all knew what it meant, of course, but I think it was still seen as a slightly exotic Americanism, and it didn’t make much headway against the standard all-purpose insult “wanker”.

8 Likes

FTFY.

7 Likes

My high school principal was named Richard Head. I always thought, brave career choice, man.

7 Likes

Well, that’s likely why.

Personally, I grew up in the Midwestern US, in the 80’s.

The jokes would have been neverending amongst my peers.

9 Likes

Ah, yes. Good old Dick Hurtz, from Beaton (Ontario). He’s a bit of a legend where I grew up.

6 Likes

In my engineering days, I knew a poor dude with a non-English name that unfortunately screamed out an English epithet within its syllables. I still feel awful for having found it funny for even a moment, but everyone I knew had the same click happen in their head and good god.

5 Likes