Young people retaliate with shocking finality to unchecked abuse

Wow! I actually get that reference! A buddy showed me Gummo on VHS back in 1998 (we were both living in Japan at the time). I can’t say I got it, but I know exactly what you’re saying.

3 Likes

Punchy McPunchface had it comin’

Also: never bring your fists to a skateboard fight.

It is remotely possible the attacker will learn something from this. After you throw three unprovoked cheap shots, expect the payback to be non-trivial.

35 Likes

There’s your problem, The Daily Mail spends its time being “absolutely scandalised” – I don’t know why anyone bothers reading it.

18 Likes

It’s not me! I would never lunch at someone. You should direct your questions at @Supercrisp who says he’s going to lunch at his own family.

6 Likes

It’s almost as if people don’t enjoy living in a police state. If the security guard didn’t stop the first guy from punching in the first place, he’s effectively deputized (pretty lame to be a deputy security guard).

7 Likes

oh SNAP

I’m going to have to remember that one.

22 Likes

I don’t know if the kids were provoking him but even if they had been this guy is an adult and should not be assaulting kids. Good on these teens for putting a stop to it and shame on every single bystander for doing jack shit.

16 Likes

Regardless of what decade we’re talking about Skaters have always been pretty dope ass folk. Not a skater myself but i’ve known quite a few and there is a huge range of what kind of people you might meet but generally everyone is out there to have fun, blow some steam, and really they’re just trying to find their own crowd and not be hassled. There are certainly more damaging things kids could be doing with their time, hanging out, doing something that is basically exercise outdoors to me is a great pass time.

25 Likes

We need to recruit these kids wherever Trump sends his Little Green Men. The fascists won’t stand a chance.

11 Likes

Is there a reason this

The Daily Mail , absolutely scandalized, cast the man as the victim under the headline “Teenager slams his skateboard over a man’s head.”

links to a screenshot rather than the actual article?

I know Xenia OH well, so unfortunately I did get it.

3 Likes

Because we do not link to shite.

32 Likes

If you’re a fash, you get the bash.

Give them the old Communist Kickflip, the Antifa Aerial, the Not-a-fucking-nazi nollie

24 Likes

I’d rather have ready access to information than participate in making a principled point.

Then don’t participate. But don’t expect others not to just for your convenience.

21 Likes

Stole it from @dmoon on twitter

11 Likes

I think that would have been “SHOCKING FATALITY!”. As it was the guy was sat up and holding his end by the end of the video. Hopefully he got suitable medical aid for his head wound.

@timd I’ve got to assume that the filthy gutter-rag fulfils some people’s view of the world; like Fox News.

4 Likes

Seconding this as a former terrible skater who just wanted to hang out with his friends behind the TJ Maxx. Sometimes people would drive their cars around back to cut through to the neighboring side streets, and on more than one occasion young men would literally slam on their brakes to come start fights with us. We were lucky, though, and were often sassy enough to convince them to be on their way.

12 Likes

Gummo.

< shudder >

1 Like

Obviously a generalization, but from the skaters I knew in high school and the former-but-occasionally-current skaters I know now as a middle aged man, most of them were more likely to be involved a heated Dungeons & Dragons session than a fistfight.

15 Likes