"You're dressed like whores!" - Christians vs Comics in San Diego

[Permalink]

Where’s Rorschach when you need him?

9 Likes

“Revelers.”

Damn, they got me.

3 Likes

Hebrews 9:27 “Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment,” [notice how it ends on a comma]

Hebrews 9:28 “so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.”

Way to distort a message of love there, preacherman. If anyone is at ComicCom, please ask him what he thinks of Hebrews 9:28.

Source: http://www.biblestudytools.com/hebrews/9.html

7 Likes

He’s obviously never seen real whores before.

Also, “Official” Street Preachers? They’re branding now?

7 Likes

I think the Comic-con attendees should just call over to the barricade and smile and compliment the protesters, like “Wow, great costume! You totally nailed the “religious psycho” [or “creepy pedophile” or “angry moron”] character! Good work!” And walk away . . . smiling.

18 Likes

I love how the sign ends with ‘and general heathens’. You know, just in case you weren’t already caught out by being a drunkard, masturbator, fornicator, atheist, abortionist, reveller, sodomite, hypocrite, blasphemer or liar at some point in your life.

8 Likes

I’ve been trying to work out how many of those categories I fit into.

8 Likes

hey preacher dude: We hate most in others that which we fail to see in ourselves.
In other words, you are judging yourself when you judge others.

Try not judging anyone, including yourself, and just try to be a kind and considerate person. It’s harder than
preaching, but produces better results for yourself and the rest of the world.

5 Likes

So, a bunch of people obsessed with an imaginary world brought to life in a canonical text with supernatural natural elements, obsessed with arcane rules, forgotten bloodlines vaguely defined mythical geographies blurring the lines between their own reality, priorities and goals, and those of the heroes and villains in the texts they obsess over…Sounds like they should just set up a booth…

19 Likes

I do believe that those are all now census categories.

3 Likes

Is it bad that I see a sign like that and feel like using it as a checklist?

8 Likes

Wait, you go straight to hell just for being a hypocrite? That seems way harsh, and perhaps a bit ironic for an institution that drips in hypocrisy.

2 Likes

Judge not lest ye be judged, preacherman

4 Likes

Jesus said go forth in the world and spread my message but he didn’t say be a dick about it.

7 Likes

Is there an 11th commandment? Something along the lines of

Thou shalt not exercise the imagination that God gave you

If one can’t get 7 out of 10 before they die - they must have missed some cool things.

1 Like

/runs down the checklist

Hmmm. 8 out of 10 (I’m assuming everyone counts as a “General Heathen”). 9 depending on how loosely one interprets “sodomite”.

I’m doing good so far.

3 Likes

I’m no biblical scholar, but I’m pretty sure Jesus’ cross didn’t have a handle on it. That dude can’t even carry the cross without a shortcut. 3/10 would not attend eternity with him.

2 Likes

Yeah-- if the cross can’t support your own weight for three days, it could end up killing someone, possibly you. Be safe.

1 Like