YouTube accused of refusing to remove scam ads featuring deepfaked Elon Musk: "We found that the ad doesn’t go against Google’s policies"

Even call of duty glitch uploaders are doing it. Half of their video is sponsoring a sketchy website for modding, and they take your email and password and account information to do these mods. People are basically paying for someone else to take their information because YouTube violates it’s own policy.

It’s obvious there’s only a few people working the webpage behind the scenes. Even YouTubes ambient mode is a joke. (Compare it to ambient light extension on GitHub, you’ll be amazed).

2 Likes

So, inaction as a course of action. Under some circumstances, that could be seen as a crime of omission… a prosecutable offense. Just saying.

1 Like

I just dont trust any advert i see on line, it makes it simple, We get lets of fake Martin Lewis ones in the uk , who is consumer champion / money saving expert for those not in the uk.

2 Likes

Remember when Google had a slogan “don’t be evil”? Good times.

2 Likes

I don’t have any time for the guy but he did ban smoking in public places and this so two good things in a long career.

ETA

I’ve been trying to get the higher education authority to sue Google and Facebook over education cheating ads they run. If you won’t tax these bastards, bleed them dry by making them follow the law. Everywhere.

2 Likes

my favorite is where the AI talks about “Quantum Al” (as in “Call Me Al(bert)”)

in unrelated news, i have a Path Of Exile character named “Quantum Al”.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.