Youtuber Logan Paul is really sorry for showing body in Japan's "suicide forest"

OH yeah, that song. That was a good song. Haven’t heard in a while…

1 Like

Don’t be so sure that trending videos are placed by algorithm: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/7239739?hl=en

3 Likes

Did you sit out 2017? :wink:

16 Likes

If something is “trending” I avoid it like the plague, and you should too. The whole system is designed to sucker you into believing things that aren’t really true. And then you will buy their product, philosophy, value system, or whatever.

3 Likes

Unfortunately… no. :sob:

But, now, if I had instead posted, “I have never been so embarrassed for our country”, then that would have encompassed everything up to and including the horrors of Trump. :persevere:

1 Like

Never heard of the guy. Apparently Reuters has. :roll_eyes:

We’re ashamed of you too Paul.

3 Likes

He monetized his apology video. So gross.

9 Likes

In other words… you have a life.

5 Likes

This was vastly more compassionate and sad than YouTube Bro’s shitty offering.

1 Like

Not cool, but definitely a tool.

3 Likes

Youtuber Logan Paul…

1 Like

They seem like a douche, but the controversy does remind me how many weird issues people have about dying and the dead. In much of the world, running into a dead person isn’t that unusual, because many cultures are not so fixated on pretending that death is somehow unnatural and wrong.

Again it intersects with species chauvinism, where the fact that a bird or racoon has died causes so little reaction, that no one can be bothered to drag it off the street - nevermind properly interring the poor bugger. One might suppose that contemporary secular people, unburdened as they are with speculations about souls, could be so cosmopolitan as to approach the matter with some equanimity.

3 Likes

Generally preserved with formalin (thus the delightful headache after anatomy lab phenomenon), and often circulatory system plastinated.

1 Like

I used to do regular deliveries to the New England Medical Center, where sometimes I had to wait a few minutes to find one of the mailroom staff. Waiting outside, there was always a big open-top freezer with a lock on it. Except one time when there was no lock, I opened it, and saw human torsos inside, which smelled really bad. It was weird to think that those were at one time living people like me, who expired somehow, and now were teaching aids for medical students. Of course I was familiar with the idea before, but I felt confronted by it on a more immediate level.

2 Likes

Meh, torsos are no big deal, they’re pretty slow.

1 Like

To be fair, that torso is armed.

4 Likes

If think the problem here isn’t running in a dead body, it’s turning this event in an entertainment (with editing and music), a tasteless one, and monetizing it.

Plus, what are they doing in this notoriously full-of-dead-bodies-forest ? I’m suspecting they are searching for one.

6 Likes

Often I try to watch/read what the OP is talking about, but I must admit I wasn’t able to bring myself to watch this one. My own philosophy is that all videos, blogs, and even fiction are essentially forms of communication. I don’t really believe in “entertainment” as such. It could be that this video just communicates that they are a douche, and that’s the main message!

If somebody is very matter-of-fact, a dead body is no more sensational than anything else one could video. But it sounds like sensationalism is the goal. As is so often the case - it is the thought that counts…

This was purely designed to be sensational. He went to a place that’s infamous for it’s suicides looking for a dead body. This wasn’t for educational or documentary purposes - it was too entertain and shock his viewers. Mission accomplished.

4 Likes