Zoophile stalked farmers who denied him their mares

And let’s be clear it wasn’t the “rape” part that was the problem. Forced matings and artificial insemination are considered normal on horses, but are essentially rape.

4 Likes

Bojacking.

7 Likes

I hope this person gets the help he needs. I think this large coverage is not productive. We do not need a freak show. This is news for Vernon, not NJ or the US.

You are first past the post in this punny horse race, my friend.

1 Like

Why does Vernon get to keep all the zoophile news to themselves? They should learn to share (not in the letting-someone-have-Biblical-relations-with-your-horse sense).

4 Likes

His family must be so proud.

1 Like

I know it doesn’t come up a lot in modern times, but come on, someone at the Washington Post must know the word “caltrops.”

ETA: I guess it does appear a bit later in the article. But that’s still a pretty clunky explanation.

14 Likes

Sharpened metal spikes of equal length joined so that their tips collectively form a set of vertices of a tetrahedron. Step on go “Ow!”

4 Likes

I am counting fourth past the post myself, but eh… who’s counting? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

6 Likes

This all I can give you as a comment…

7 Likes

Uh, given Kermie’s record on inter species dating…

15 Likes

Now that’s a horse of a different color!

horse%20of%20a%20different%20color

5 Likes

14 Likes

The “Weird guy up the street”.

3 Likes

It has been said that “history is written by the victors” and as such, a factcheck of this piece of history…

… would be ideally done by a disinterested historian here on bOING. We’re got our fair share of programmers, technical people, et. on this bbs. I hope someone with better research chops can offer up some insight, as I do not consider wikipedia to be primary source.

I first read of this in Thomas Cahill’s book:

This uh zoophile’s desire does seem to have lodged itself well into human consciousness. There’s a play written 1973 that may have some resonance here:

Humans. Are weird.

3 Likes

It’s actually from the New Jersey Herald.

He got her driveway, but he Missed Her Hands

1 Like

I don’t get all the hate. The man just wanted to settle down and have a stable relationship.

7 Likes

I -guess- if a mare is made unavailable, the farmer will do in a pinch.