Mind-bending animated GIF illusions

[Permalink]

The government will soon outlaw these GIFs.

2 Likes

Please put these animated gifs below the fold. It was an issue with the Penrose stairs post, and it is an issue with this one.

2 Likes

animatedā€¦hardly an illusion.

Presumably the idea is that the animation creates a 3D illusion.

2 Likes

This makes me wish Windows 8 supported animated gif wallpapersā€¦

4 Likes

ā€œAlmost thereā€¦ almost thereā€¦almost thereā€¦ā€

3 Likes

Animation is an illusion.

3 Likes

Oh come onā€¦all vision is an illusion. Do we need to go down this obvious road?

4 Likes

Donā€™t pave a pedantic road unless you want people to walk all over it. :wink:

3 Likes

Are you kidding? They canā€™t even outlaw health care for the poor, and theyā€™ve tried fifty times now.

1 Like

So close to the Hannibal Crit (okay, Enjoyment Crit?) post Iā€™m inclined to say ā€˜but who would deny human tongue is delicious?ā€™ That flashing-lights-make-me-twerk-and-taste-metals issue, or something to do with Midori loading animgifs or closing down your firewallā€™s permittivity to Boing, if I may askā€¦as a punter.

Surely itā€™s WebGL wallpaper for Win8.2ish or bust? SVG? Tk?

1 Like

This is sort what I see right before a migraine. sucks.

3 Likes

No, vision is a form of sensory perception (unless youā€™re talking about the ā€œdream/tranceā€ definition of the word). Animation is illusory by definition.

1 Like

Yeah, although at least seeing an Aura like that gives you some forewarning.

Yikes, are you going to try those headbands?

I made one once.Ā I was practicing my MEL scripting. Itā€™s nested spherical waves of tone flowing over random shapes. The stripes on the plane line up with the stripes on the torus.

http://www.digitalartform.com/archives/2005/07/wave_generating_1.html

7 Likes

Arguably, life is. But IĀ“d still rather call those animations than illusions.

So when you go to the movies are you thinking ā€œIĀ“m gonna go watch an illusion tonightā€?