Ted Cruz: The Gays are waging 'jihad' against 'religious freedom'

[Permalink]

1 Like

Claiming thereā€™s a ā€œjihadā€ against religion, specifically the Christian right? Oh, the irony.

28 Likes

No they arenā€™t.

3 Likes

Good thing that ā€œreligious freedomā€ does not mean ā€œaccording to doctrine of Christian fundiesā€, but they seem to have some cognitive dissonance about this.

3 Likes

Any chance heā€™ll begin crusading for the US govā€™t to adopt sharia Christian laws to make us safer?

17 Likes

Like mad-libs, but actually teabag-libs.

Pick an enemy
Pick a verb from the hate list
Pick a noun from the love list
Put it in a blender, spread on the area to receive the teabagging, and wait for it to tingle!

16 Likes

ā€œWhy are these people shooting back at us? JIHADISTS!ā€

8 Likes

So, Ted, are the homosexualists actually aligned with zealots from perhaps the only abrahamic monotheism that likes them even less than you do, or did you just choose ā€˜jihadā€™ in a contemptibly cynical and rather transparent attempt to make them sound scarier?

29 Likes

Canā€™t they just keep it at home? Why do they have to talk about it in public where I now have to explain it to my child? (their crazy religious politics, I mean)

21 Likes

Maybe he just read Frank Herbertā€™s Dune series and liked the idea of using ā€œjihadā€ as a catch-all term for ā€œviolent struggle to impose a new social order.ā€

7 Likes

Can we just fast forward to when he doesnā€™t make it out of the primaries?

11 Likes

Part of me says yes, but part of me wants to see the slow-motion car crash his campaign could turn into.

10 Likes

Isnā€™t he the one who recently spoke up against freedom of belief and action?

11 Likes

Jihad!

Itā€™s not just for orange juice anymore.

7 Likes

Not my favorite feature of Dune.

But I think that this is a PR trick. Heā€™s implied thereā€™s some sort of connection between unrelated social forces, thus multiplying the negative associations in his audienceā€™s mind. If a journalist actually calls him on it, heā€™ll just say it was an analogy, and move on to his next unfounded claim.

3 Likes

ā€œthe biblical teaching that marriage is the union of one man and one womanā€

Where is this mystical bible they keep referring to? The editions Iā€™ve read must be different.

16 Likes

I would start praying for this if I could be assured the prayers would actually work.

2 Likes

PS: What an asshole.

1 Like

Want to have some fun with these people? Replace ā€œjihadā€ with ā€œcrusade.ā€ Itā€™s a pretty good translation.

18 Likes

Thank goodness thereā€™s no such thing as LGBTQI Christians, or straight Christians who support LGBTQI rights. It would make things difficult for Cruz if there were, you know, some overlap. Fortunately the two groups are distinct and monolithic, making the us versus them very easy.

Of course Iā€™m being sarcastic. I just canā€™t tell whether Cruz is stupid enough to really think that or if heā€™s just pandering to his supporters who believe it really is that simple.

6 Likes