09/10/24 Debate play by play thread

Even referencing that Grandpa Simpson old man yells at cloud meme

8 Likes

Wonketteā€™s live blog was funny. Drink Every Time Kamala Harris Calls Trump A Felon! Your Debate Liveblog

Alright. I need to head to bed. Gonna take a bit of deep breathing. Trump makes me so angry and those moderators not moderating

Relax Breathe GIF by Regal

17 Likes

Commentators (on PBS):
ā€œT campaign staff not texting me and they usually do after debate; is it a sign?ā€
T was agitated
T ā€œmade her look out of the mainstreamā€
H ā€œrelitigating pastā€ (me: and T bringing up Hunter Biden not the same?)

17 Likes

Get ready for the team-Trump damage control, everyone.

11 Likes

So basically it was two hours of this tonight

The Simpsons GIF

18 Likes

Kamala had the best debate performance against Trump by anyone, anywhere.

And one of the best debate performances ever. Destroyed her opponent.

24 Likes

MSNBC is teasing Walz coming on in a bit.

10 Likes

Though not intentional, I was in fact cooking Thai green curry with coconut milk and tofu when T was ranting that immigrants were eating pets in Springfield.

I regret the tardiness of this very important debate reply. To a question no one asked about pets. Or eating them.

18 Likes

What is the inflation rate RIGHT NOW, MFer!?!

15 Likes

the force awakens GIF by Star Wars

10 Likes

Thank dog thatā€™s over. Kamala kicked ass. Good for her. Relief. But I have doubts it will moved the needle.

12 Likes

I skipped it and just read this thread because I didnā€™t feel like hearing Trump, but it sounds like it might be worth going back and watching, even if Iā€™m inevitably going to get enraged by moderators who wonā€™t do their damn job.

18 Likes

Zoolander Blue Steel GIF

14 Likes

Hey, enjoy the win and tell your friends.

10 Likes

She beat him like the drum sets here

12 Likes

I think you were one of the heavy lifters last debate, so it inspired me. Unfortunately, Iā€™m on my phone and itā€™s super hard for me to get more than a few words or sentences written, so Iā€™m sorry that I wasnā€™t as good as you were. :hugs:

15 Likes

People will be talking about Harrisā€™s performance. Most notably how she kept baiting Trump into rambling off topic with key phrases.

12 Likes

Trump really seemed tired, to have trouble responding to the question at hand, and seemed confused at times about who he was running against. It might be time for him to drop out of the race.

23 Likes

It could have been worse, but they need to stop being so deferential to Trump.

eta: David Muir nicely called him a liar about his claim that he was being sarcastic when he said he lost by whisker. So thereā€™s that.

15 Likes

Walz, you saw an angry 80 year old narcissist.

She talked about you, he talked about him.

9 Likes