1.278 million Britons petition Parliament to block Trump's state visit, but Theresa May refuses (so far)

Oh, hellllll no.

We have enough idiotic right wingers already. You guys get to keep that particular one, thank you very much.

3 Likes

There’s that one off the coast of Scotland the MOD used to test anthrax back in the day.

6 Likes

That’s the kind of thing i’m looking for. Cold, lonely and already environmentally devastated.

5 Likes

Rockall?

2 Likes

IIRC, didn’t they use that one for test-firing rockets at?

1 Like

I dunno, this is a bit close to the mainland…

4 Likes

When America sends its presidents, they’re not sending their best. … They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing racism. They’re bringing misogyny. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people. We are calling for a total and complete shutdown of presidents entering Great Britain until our country’s representatives can figure out what is going on.

28 Likes

Don’t worry. Russia also went through a phase of the shittiest allies possible because it was better than no influence at all. And now they are more influential than they have been in decades.

4 Likes

And their allies are still shitty (including the orange one)

2 Likes

That won’t help. 58%/63% of the UKs Export/Import are to Europe, 11%/6,7% to the USA.
http://atlas.media.mit.edu/en/profile/country/gbr/

Exactly why they’re so desperate!

I’m sure Europe will still be super keen to offer good trade deals to the UK after the classy way Britain has approached things so far.

6 Likes

If he does come, can we expect protests?

2 Likes
11 Likes

We could force let him to live on Rockall.

It was decontaminated after Tory MPs started getting parcels of soil sent to them.

9 Likes

I’d like to point out that in the last Trump petition debate, he was described as a fool, a buffoon, and a wazzock.

13 Likes

The question is, how can someone describe him as a shitgibbon without the speaker objecting? Because that will be worth reading Hansard for.

11 Likes

1.5 million any moment now

Petition: Prevent Donald Trump from making a State Visit to the United Kingdom. https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/171928

3 Likes

They skipped pillock? Maroon?

3 Likes

Well, the ‘wazzock’ quote (from Victoria Atkins, the MP for New York) was:

If he met one or two of my constituents in one of the many excellent pubs in my constituency, they may well tell him that he is a wazzock

2 Likes

That does seem to be his preferred set of qualities in a nation, just based on his cabinet…

1 Like