1.278 million Britons petition Parliament to block Trump's state visit, but Theresa May refuses (so far)

If he can only leave by a staircase he should be trapped.

5 Likes

Might be time to look into legal ways to show Theresa May that her idea of Britain was not what was voted for. We can’t impeach her, but there should be something.

2 Likes

Personally, I’d like to see Whitehall lined with crowds turning their back on Trump, looking the other way.

9 Likes

I was thinking the same. In his deluded world, any face toward him is a cheering fan. But a crowed of people that refuse to even acknowledge his presence. That might even get past his mental defenses.

10 Likes

I was just coming in to say that! I picture them lined up and the moment he starts yapping, the people turn around and show him their backs. When he’s done, they walk away peacefully and show him that they don’t buy the hate he spouts.

That would be awesome!

6 Likes

Posting here also.

May shows her quality.

14 Likes

As a U.S. citizen, I strongly advise against letting Trump visit your country. No good will come of it.

12 Likes

Immediately came to mind…

2 Likes

Movie Faramir was a jerk.
(one of many reasons why I hated The Two Towers adaptation)

6 Likes

Inevitable really, she is an authoritarian overlord. I’ve never seen a politician fail to answer anything about anything as she does while spouting the party line with a smug look on her face that suggests she thinks she is the sole arbiter of common sense in whatever particular debate she is currently engaged in.

7 Likes

I may likely be in the minority, but I think Brexit passed due to the complacency (didn’t vote) of those opposing it, they being “fortified” by polls and opinion pieces.

Sound familiar?

7 Likes

As a U.S. citizen, I strongly advise letting Trump visit your country… and then keeping him there forever.

2 Likes

I suppose yet another advantage of having a Trump administration will be the marked increase in the use of applicable pejoratives, however arcane and strange. More arrows for our quivers.

…with pants down, skirts up, and buttocks presented.

2 Likes

Sadly, it’s the old puppet equation. 51st state.

1 Like

It’s a disruption technique. She makes YOU feel silly.

True. Clever, huh?!

2 Likes

But you know what? If in a supposedly open and functioning democracy, the parliament doesn’t take this seriously, it’s time to start banging on the door of number 10.

More than 1.5m signatures. Wow.

3 Likes

If the Democratic Party was smart, they’d start NOW identifying/quantifying/listing/you-name-it all in Congress who cozy up to Trump then use that to generate ammo for the 2018 mid-terms.

3 Likes

Gaslighting increasingly appears to be the theme of 2017 i guess. :frowning:

4 Likes

May could ask Blair to help her brown-nose Trump. He certainly has experience and no moral qualms either.