10 killed in Colorado grocery store shooting

until they read his i.d. he presented as white–

19 Likes

no.

while some person might have been able to kill like this in 1921, the average person was not able to kill like this. manufacturing improvements – including accuracy, reliability, ease of use, the low cost, and the ready availability of guns are obviously at play. so is too the complete gutting of gun laws.

it’s no coincidence that the modern nra arose after civil rights, and that the steady loosing of gun laws since the late 60s – including the brand new concept that the right to bear arms is an individual right – plays a direct role in these deaths.

gun technology and gun policy have changed, and as a result we see mass shootings. this doesnt happen in other countries, the timeline is clear as to why.

17 Likes

Dude is whiter than me, and most of my genes are from West By God Virginia and Sweden.

Looks economically anxious to me.

10 Likes

That was so bizarre watching the suspect being paraded around the parking lot on the news and calmly being attended to by paramedics.

Almost like he was treated differently based on some unknown factor…can’t quite put my finger on it.

13 Likes

I see the NRA once again spouted off about the amendment entitling states to maintain their own militias.

I want to know which state militia he was a state certified officer of, and what regulation authority was doing the regulating of that Well Regulated Militia (as clearly stated in the constitution as the pre-requisites for keeping or bearing arms)

8 Likes

right!? it’s almost like skin color and name are completely independent of each other. i mean, i thought to have white privilege and white grievance you had to be named bob. so strange.

13 Likes

No, but sadly there is a really robust sample size of Black men reaching for cell phones :frowning:

18 Likes

This is true, but I think for reasons other than those particular to right-wingers. The Black community doesn’t promote mental health therapy as most educated people understand the term. Nor does the Native American, the White, the LGBTQIA, or any other “community.” The National Association of Social Workers has some pretty strict rules about what it means to do therapy, but the number of students I hear say “I wouldn’t be able to treat someone who is black/white/gay/straight/whatever” is staggering. What it means is that any approach to mental health therapy has to take into account the community in which the target audience resides. Heck, that’s why there’s FarmersOnly as well as Tindr, and Grindr, Bumble, MeetMe, Happn, OKCupid, and all the others.

2 Likes

Well, to maintain the narrative, let’s assume they would have killed him instantly after seeing his ID if so many eyes weren’t watching. Local news here showed nothing else for hours and hours.

3 Likes

I wish this would circulate without their pictures. I feel like it gives them extra notoriety.

3 Likes

Wow, I just burned one, and I was answering the wrong thread, sorry.

@Les_Pane Yes, that is absolutely true, they deserve eternal anonymity, let them be discarded to histories dust bin.

7 Likes

The obvious (if unfortunate) take-away here (since they continuously insist the police are definitely not racist, not in the least, nope) is that if black men want to not be killed by the police, they need to always carry a military assault rifle with them everywhere they go. As, (other than skin color) the presence of mass murder weapons seems to be the only other thing that is different from the men the police shoot and kill, vs the ones they treat kindly and respectfully. If you are firing an assault rifle, after all, you are Just Having A Bad Day ™ rather then being a Bad Dangerous Threatening Person.

4 Likes
9 Likes

The other day I was getting high on a dildo shaped bong and I invented a gun that always shoots the person that pulled the trigger.

I was thinking the other day about this lull in mass shootings and that it may have been because they have been busy planning an insurrection and now their calendars are free again.

Note: Said in haha voice but there is nothing funny about this. I’m just coping in my haha way.

9 Likes

So what race was he then?

11 Likes

They are? I read their comment as a sarcastic way of saying that treatment by the police of black and white people are pretty much the opposite of each other.

7 Likes

5 Likes

My best friend’s brother used to be an NYPD detective who opted for early retirement in order to get out of the muck. I was told things. Your assumption is a good one.

8 Likes

If they’re trying to be sarcastic, on a text forum, using some indicators helps. We do have people who try to make these arguments after all. :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

I saw a lot of clear indicators, so clear that I didn’t need a sarcasm tag. :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes