10 killed in Colorado grocery store shooting

Denver Post confirms the irony.

A gun used by a man suspected of shooting and killing 10 people at a Boulder King Soopers would have been illegal under the city’s assault weapon ban that was recently blocked by a judge, though nobody ever had been cited under the ban while it was active.

The suspect purchased a Ruger AR-556 pistol on March 16, six days before the mass killing, according to his arrest affidavit. Police recovered a rifle and a handgun inside the grocery store next to the tactical vest believed to be worn by the suspect, according to the affidavit, though it’s not clear whether the Ruger gun is the handgun or the rifle referenced in the document.

6 Likes

Alissa, whose family emigrated from Syria, may have been suffering from mental illness, according to his 34-year-old brother, Ali Aliwi Alissa.

…And it seems he was actually shot as well. Just not killed:

the suspect was wounded in the leg during “an exchange of gunfire.”

Did you mean to respond to me? I see no connection between your comment and mine.

2 Likes

Schiller eventually ended the livestream after more than 3 hours telling someone off camera that his battery was running out — but not before he told those still watching to like his videos and subscribe to his channel.

Sigh.

7 Likes

Yikes. I didn’t get the bit in the article about how they weren’t sure if the Ruger mentioned was the rifle or the handgun, because “pistol” is in the name and has a meaning (I thought). I looked up the “pistol” mentioned and I don’t think that word means what they think it means. :grimacing:
There is no reason in a functioning civilization for regular folks to have weapons like that.

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Gun builds and technology

A post was split to a new topic: Gun builds and technology

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Gun builds and technology

@Nightflyer had split off some of the earlier posts to another topic. Perhaps another cleanup is warranted

7 Likes

Done. Thanks for the head’s up!

10 Likes

Thank you! :clap: :+1:

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.