19 killed in El Paso mass shooting

Instead of Walmart “praying for the victims”, perhaps a more appropriate response would be to STOP SELLING FUCKING GUNS!

23 Likes

Well, I wonder what that means…

…oh. Right.

38 Likes

…always.

7 Likes

Given the relation between police and white supremacists, I picture them dumping a congratulatory keg of Gatorade over him and carrying him off to jail on their shoulders.

15 Likes

I agree, though Walmart has at least made some effort to be responsive. They stopped selling guns altogether in NM last month, and last year they changed their national policy:

Has anyone been keeping track of where the guns used in these massacres were bought? My guess is gun shows, which – sorry hobbyists – should probably be shut down. Stamp collecting is also fun.

14 Likes

Well at least this was in Texas. They appreciate guns down there.

sounds about white…

12 Likes

Thots and players. Thots and players. How did they take the guy alive with out firing a shot? Why did no good guy with a gun cut this killing spree short?

7 Likes

At what point (or do they now), do other countries start advising citizens to avoid the USA because it’s considered dangerous/lawless?

13 Likes

51 Likes

57 Likes

He said the suspect was a white male

19 Likes

Yes, there really should be a regular news segment devoted to this, as with the weather.

7 Likes

This was Texas where it seems like nearly everybody is carrying. Where was the “good guy with a gun” to put a stop to this?

27 Likes

My first response was: A Walmart? In Texas? Well that sure wasn’t a “gun-free zone.” Not that it’ll stop anyone from claiming it was, based on every other time someone made that false claim, nor will it stop them from claiming the solution was to have people with guns, because every other mass shooting where armed citizens on the scene completely and utterly failed to stop the shootings hasn’t stopped anyone from making that claim, either.

It’s hard enough to take these tragedies, but when people start proposing “solutions” that actually describe the situation as it was, then I really lose my shit.

Man, it’s almost as if, when someone starts shooting up the place with their assault rifle, the smart, self-preserving thing for someone with a gun to do is get their ass somewhere safe… (Though what’s interesting to me is how gun owners buy into the Hollywood action movie fantasy, right up until shit gets real, then they’re all, “nope!”)

30 Likes

I know, right? Even hardened soldiers with all their training and experience can freeze or flee when under fire.

Somehow I don’t see Billy Bob Six Pack with his concealed carry handgun stepping up and being the big bad-ass hero when someone starts shooting up a place with a semi auto rifle. It could happen, but given the large amount of mass shootings in Texas over the past couple of decades where this did not happen, I wouldn’t hold my breath.

22 Likes

Don’t give them too much credit there.

They don’t want to do background checks on personal sales.

13 Likes

And still 4 months to go. :rage: :confounded: :cry:

43 Likes

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32979044597.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.5085685d7qncmO&algo_pvid=15d4d47b-ba1c-4a7a-97e3-5c15422a6a76&algo_expid=15d4d47b-ba1c-4a7a-97e3-5c15422a6a76-2&btsid=01ac7ffa-b535-4a0e-9424-783b8d4e4cab&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_1,searchweb201603_52

4 Likes

The Onion has been running the same article with details updated for each new tragedy since at least 2015. That is some sad commentary right there.

25 Likes