2020 Election Thread (Part 2)

Damn straight.

12 Likes

Ew.

17 Likes

If it’s any consolation just know that Trump was simultaneously shitting on Barr’s lap.

8 Likes

It does beg the question of how the 25th Amendment could have worked if Donnie just fired all the required signatories?

That’s a design flaw.

9 Likes

unfortunately, birch bayh and emanuel celler never envisioned such a one as donald trump.

edited for spelling.

5 Likes

It’s not exactly a “design flaw” because the 25th Amendment was never designed to address rampant corruption in the first place; it was intended to address things like “the President just had a stroke.”

The Constitutional remedy for criminality and abuse of power was always “impeachment and removal,” but it only works when you have a legislature that opposes criminality and abuse of power.

18 Likes

tenor

4 Likes
11 Likes

I think if there had been a viable way to stage a coup Barr would have been 100% on board. Barr is bailing because it’s not going to work. Just like I think the reason Barr didn’t have Biden investigated or arrested is because Barr thought it would backfire and help Biden win. I don’t think anyone can be corrupt enough to scare off Barr, I think Barr had a measure of self-preservation and won’t stay on a sinking ship.

They need the vice president and half of cabinet. We’d be looking at the supreme court deciding whether zero was half of zero.

11 Likes

Portraits of Courage: Bill Barr. It’s a new project in subatomic imaging by the MIT media lab.

7 Likes
6 Likes

New conspiracy theory: Trump allowed COVID to spread unchecked so that everyone would have to quarantine on inauguration day, resulting in fewer people at Bidens inauguration making Trump’s own pathetic attendance numbers look better by comparison.

11 Likes

We can call it a conspiracy if we want, but Biden’s inauguration likely will be less attended than Trump’s, and Trump will try to make a big deal out of it.

11 Likes

I hope they make a point of pride that there is almost nobody on the Washington mall on inauguration day. I hope they take aerial photos of grass.

6 Likes

This oughta be good…

16 Likes

A lot of people seem to be criticizing the Post, claiming that asking the question gives legitimacy to the conspiracy theorists in the GOP.

I think those people missed the point. This question isn’t intended to reveal who is President, it’s intended to reveal which (if any) Republicans are willing to publicly accept objective reality.

20 Likes

It’s now the Grand Q Party, so good luck with that.

11 Likes

Predicted answers:

1. No one yet, because we called “best of three.”
  2. I’m making popcorn. Want some?
  3. Has he won the Super-Secret Supreme Court Tiebreaker, yet? Then no.
9 Likes
20 Likes

Looks like Melania has been subpoenaed.

10 Likes