2020 Election Thread (Part 2)

Calamari

14 Likes

Stacy Abrams has Supernatural powers

8 Likes

Felt just as good as the first time. [Lights cigarette]

fail

18 Likes

Texas suing other states for election fraud. Now I really have seen everything.

17 Likes

I see what they (Politico) did thereā€¦

10 Likes

Checks & balances!

5 Likes

I briefly fell into to a twitter lawyer rabbit hole, but I feel better now. This is a motion seeking permission to file suit, but Texas does not lay out any reasons why they would have standing here. Apparently Texas would have to explain how itā€™s possible that lower level courts are unable to deal with cases questioning state election laws. In fact, 44 cases have been brought, and dismissed in the defendant states, among other states (which negates the ā€œnovelā€ standing Texas is attempting to assert). SCOTUS doesnā€™t have any sort of required timeline for considering this motion, so they could simply choose to ignore it until Jan. 21, 2021, at which point the motion is moot.

13 Likes

I canā€™t see SCOTUS taking that one up, conservative majority or no. Imagine the precedent theyā€™d be creating if any state could sue any other state to overturn election results.

14 Likes

The article makes the argument that it is hard for the GOP to dismiss Trump since he garnered 70 million votes or so. In reality, the GOP members would have voted for a sweaty jockstrap so long as it promised abortion bans and guns for all.

10 Likes

Itā€™s not the 70 million that scares them. Itā€™s the 30 million or so who are Trump cultists who wonā€™t just vote against someone who turns on him, they will hound them.

But that was the deal when the GOP decided to ride the Adderall-addicted tiger. They canā€™t claim they didnā€™t know going into it.

13 Likes

(I meant the photo, and the accompanying headline, but yeahā€¦)

1 Like

the ā€œintra stateā€ differences are part and parcel. theyā€™re claiming that because majority republican counties made it harder to vote than majority democratic counties that the democratic votes shouldnā€™t count. lol

also gotta love the complaints about ā€œnon legislative actorsā€ changing voting laws when theyā€™re asking that same class of actors - the judiciary - toā€¦ change voting laws.

hereā€™s to hoping his supreme court picks recognize lifetime appointment means never having to pay back favors

10 Likes

They left out a hyphen.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/questauthority/status/1336001190358904832?s=20

5 Likes

Take your bets now. Is he going toā€¦

A. Mock asians on stream.

B. Accidentally flash his own dick on stream.

C. Use the opposite camera on his phone through most of it.

D. Manage to do all of the above within an hour.

14 Likes

I just wonder if heā€™s still wearing that orange topcoat in the hospital.

5 Likes
14 Likes

Imma go with D.
and if weā€™re lucky, heā€™ll do it in that order!

6 Likes
10 Likes
12 Likes