2020 Election Thread (Part 2)

The count is the count, whether or not someone conceded. It’s not a legally binding action. Gore famously un-conceded in 2000.

Let’s not worry too much about whether Trump does or doesn’t concede. Trump will yell and bluster and throw all kinds of shit against the wall to see what sticks, but he has very little leverage right now. Biden will have a healthy EC lead and a massive popular vote lead - over 4 million votes - when it’s all over.

If Trump was somehow able to overturn this, I can see this jump starting a literal civil war under his watch. I don’t think even Trump is that bloodthirsty.

8 Likes

No shit, Sherlock.

Have you been asleep for the last week?

9 Likes

I wish…

Sorry, I’m just tired of the whole thing and they’re still whittering on (a bit like me. But I’ll shut up now.)

4 Likes
18 Likes

Possibly a good thing. The more he shits the bed, the better for Dem candidates in the Georgia runoffs. :wink:

15 Likes

Basically, the only way for the Democrats to shit the bed is to let the Senate pass whatever they will claim is coronavirus relief through compromise and not taking a hard line. Trump will primarily make the runoff worse for Republicans and they will look for a win outside of his tantrums.

8 Likes

is there any read how likely dems winning those runoffs is?

4 Likes

Warnock had a slight edge. Ossoff had a slight disadvantage. It’s possible that the Dems carry a bigger war chest into the race. The Dems also have Stacy Abrams :heart_eyes:. But it’s going to be a battle. A lot depends on how things go for the GOP over the next couple of months. Can someone convince 45 to STFU? Or will the party melt down and lose focus as they point fingers at each other?

There was an analysis on 538 that the GOP candidates have an easier time of messaging, that they can run on keeping Biden in check. I’m not so sure. I think that could backfire in the context of the pandemic, when gridlock is the last thing we need.

11 Likes

yeah, i could maybe see democrats being enthused enough to turn out, while possibly a lot of people who voted r were really voting for trump. democrats just have to vote! ( well, sorry. people just have to vote democrat. not everyone wants to be a democrat )

9 Likes

My read is that Biden’s win, including in GA, makes it a lot more likely.

11 Likes
17 Likes

Best quote so far. Also yuuuuuck!!

19 Likes

11 Likes
8 Likes

Not wasting any time.

17 Likes

No clue if this is real, but funny as hell!

15 Likes

it was real, in front of the landscaping company next door to an adult bookstore, across the street from a crematorium, and just up the road from a pennsylvania prison.

as i’ve been able to put it together someone thought they were booking a four seasons hotel and ended up booking that and, yes rudy guliani stood in front of the landscaping firm and tried to sell the press that trump representatives having to stand 20 feet away from the ballot counters instead of 6 meant the winners ballots must be tossed and the loser given the election.

15 Likes

Definitely not real that it was a mistake - they knew where they were going. Trump tweeted out the landscaping part.

8 Likes
15 Likes
12 Likes