2020 Election Thread (Part 2)

Oh god lord.

Gag me

13 Likes

Thanks for sharing this. I’ve been meaning to get the gears in my brain turning on the Lincoln Project and what we need to to do to curb their influence in these coming years. They’re apparently starting a media business. This should give everyone on the left and center-left genuine cause to worry.

David Sirota, founder of the Daily Poster and an editor on Jacobin and one of the authors of the article that Akimbo posted in another thread, had this to tweet out:

The Dems need to figure out genuine strategies to curb what looks to be The Lincoln Project’s aspirations; becoming an influential propaganda wing of the GOP meant to reform its image and its image alone. Democrats in both the center-left and farther left need to work on building out both proactive and reactive media campaigns to serve as counters to whatever the hell Lincoln Project plans to put out.

7 Likes

Dave Sirota isn’t someone I value - Still remember the racist campaign he ran in Philly.

12 Likes

14 Likes

I see. I didn’t know that and I apologize for bringing him up. I still feel that the articles that I’ve linked are valuable sources of info, however, and will leave them in my post and refrain from sharing anything else from him in the future.

2 Likes

I was unaware of his background as well.

9 Likes
10 Likes

Media finally called Biden President Elect!!!’

16 Likes

It’s been called. President Elect Biden. PA finished its count.

CNN and MSNBC called it. Fox News hasn’t picked up on it yet. They’re slow.

11 Likes

Van Jones was literally weeping on CNN just now.

14 Likes

Which is a nice indicator but doesnˋt actually mean anything, does it?

Do we think Trump is going to concede? Doesnˋt seem likely.

2 Likes

9 Likes
7 Likes

He mentioned that it has been four years of suffering and waking up to those tweets.

“It’s easier to be a parent this morning…” “If you’re a Muslim…and a immigrant (you have a president who cares for you).”

10 Likes

Uh no, it means a fuckton.

Do we think Trump can hold onto power? No. Doesn’t seem possible. It finally doesn’t seem possible.

8 Likes

Still votes left to count - some 80k - but their decision desk has determined it’s no longer mathematically possible for Trump to pull ahead at this point. AP and others share in this analysis. I can finally breathe again.

Biden sure wasn’t my first or second or even third choice but I’m over the fucking moon to settle for “not Trump” at this point.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ conceding is a formality, not a requirement. On 12:00 January 21 Trump can take the window or take the stairs.

15 Likes

Trump’s concession is unnecessary. His lawsuits keep getting tossed out for lack of evidence. The Secret Service is probably itching to throw his plague ridden ass out of the White House

6 Likes

Biden probably won’t be a great president, but he will be a normal president. I can do with normal right now.

8 Likes

oh, I think that’s right. It’s just that the media (thankfully) don’t determine the election outcome. Until Congress counts the votes in, what is it, January? - the election isn’t over.

Normally the losing candidate concedes before then and so the count is usually purely ceremonial but sadly, I can’t see Trump doing that.

We’re going to be stuck with shedloads more of Trump fuck-wittery before he finally fucks off. :frowning:

Who knows maybe his lawyers’ press conference will surprise us all.

5 Likes
6 Likes