2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine (Part 3)

If there’s anything that might bring about peace, it’s the love of this game on both sides.

[Archive]

4 Likes
10 Likes

Moscow said that a drone was hit by small-arms fire but managed to “damage” a plane

Yes, that’s damage. For sure.

11 Likes

“A plane was damaged. We will be able to assess the extent of that damage once the fiery inferno dies down in a few hours.”

12 Likes

12 Likes

Soltsy-2 airbase is about 380km (236 miles) from me…

8 Likes

Thinking “ceased to exist” is an appropriate descriptor.

6 Likes
7 Likes

It’s hard to count that as a negative for Russia.

6 Likes
6 Likes

I hope the question does not offend you - do you have a plan what to do if the war comes to you?

I certainly have nothing feasible at the moment. I could try to leave to the countryside. But this would mean a lot of difficulty. Honestly, if things get out of hand, I expect the part of the country where I currently spend most of my time to be a strategic target. I could point to some crucial infrastructures in a radius of about 50 km which basically would make Germany grind to a halt within a very short time, and which aren’t easily fixed it properly disrupted. Even some wooden shoes being thrown into about three or four different gears around here would suffice to make life difficult for quite a large part of the country. I am a bit surprised that no-one is publicly addressing that elephant in that particular room.

So, what about you? Any plans? And similar situation? Or is the strategic importance of infrastructure around you not as bad?

4 Likes
5 Likes

We’ve heard this story already but damn.

6 Likes

Get out.

13 Likes

Wagner fighters leave… and then… they go somewhere else:

6 Likes

I presume that if Russian attacks a Nato country it’s going be WWIII and go nuclear soon after. I think Helsinki-Vantaa airport (less then 15km from my home) and Santahamina military base (less then 10km from my home) are going be nuked. Of course Helsinki itself is a target and I think the nearest infrastructure that is important enough to destroy is 1,5km (less then a mile) from my home.

There are ~5500 shelters in Helsinki some can handle nuclear war. But I might prefer becoming a shadow on wall over being stuck underground or worse…

10 Likes
8 Likes
8 Likes
10 Likes

BBC News - Wagner chief Prigozhin seen in first video address since coup attempt

7 Likes