Where I live, drivers are perpetually surprised by:

• Cops that make the same speed traps every day at the same times
  • Buses that make the same routes at roughly the same time
  • School zone speeds at exactly the same time on school days
  • The same traffic jams in the same places every time

Just to be fair, I’m perpetually surprised by:

• Very predictable things other drivers are surprised by :cold_sweat:
8 Likes

In Australia, when two cars approach a round-about at the same time, you give way to the right.

3 Likes

To the right in left-side-of-road countries, or right-side-of-the-road countries?

That actually restores a little bit of faith in humanity for me. If I were a driver’s ed teacher, I’d probably show that to a class. My takeaway: even when somebody was being a complete idiot, defensive driving mostly saved the day.

4 Likes

Scoffs: oh come on, none of them were even that bad! There’s not one fatal in there!

@Liam_Shiels re Skylines: I know, right?!

@quorihunter: I haven’t heard that particular ad, but we have a fruit drink here called Golden Pash (pineapple and passionfruit flavours mixed together) so it may have been for that. Or soft drinks called Passiona or Passito, depending on which company makes them. Or maybe it’s referring to something completely different which I have no knowledge about! Also, ‘fuckwit’ is generally always a good and appropriate choice of word. But perhaps not this past Sunday when I yelled it at a dickhead who failed to merge correctly, cutting us off… in front of my 8 year old nephew and 10 year old niece.

And multiple people re rain: one of the biggest complaints I have about drivers here in Melb is that there’s a big difference between driving to the conditions and automatically going 20kms an hour just because it’s raining. Find a happy medium, people!

And of course I’m such an exemplary driver that I’d never appear on one of these dashcam things. Never. :roll_eyes:

Straya!

5 Likes

Sounds like Triple M or similar, so it could be a sex-shop advert.

1 Like

no, but their tires are poison resistant.

3 Likes

Hey, another Melbournian :grinning:

4 Likes

Sounds about right… some kind of lube was another thought. :oil_drum:

And @Kimmo yep, born, bred and defensive driving in Melb. Southside represent! :facepunch:

5 Likes

It’s not so bad westside… up Northcote way every second driver shouldn’t be on the road, I’ve noticed.

And what is it with Camry drivers? Wait, I know - cars are whitegoods to those folks.

2 Likes

Fuck me. Fucking Australians fucking swear fucking heaps.

5 Likes

Reasons that I sometimes, occasionally, rarely don’t regret taking public transport to work :wink:

2 Likes

They do, because, physics. Try to get in to the roundabout, in front of the bloke blasting around the roundabout, he nails you while making noises like a crow.

" whatthe FAAAAAARK areu FAAAAAARK ingdoing you FAAAAAARK ing FAAAAAARKER "

2 Likes

It’s a burden, but one we’re willing to shoulder for all the other fuckwits, gobshites and fucknuckles from all over the world. Cunts.

3 Likes

Should probably have been clearer that I was making that comment as an Australian. What a fuckwit I am.

4 Likes

No worries - I think I’d assumed that based on previous comments, hence “we” :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Here in Australia, we’re in training for the apocalypse that leads into “Max Max”.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Not helping!

1 Like

Hey, I resemble that remark!