🖕 🍊 🤡 A Continuing Round-Up of Trumpian Events 🖕 🍊 🤡

8 Likes

Figures.
Bastards.

giphy

18 Likes

So, trump wants to send everybody back to work by Easter.

It’s a trap. States and cities that still have lockdowns in place will be portrayed as Christian haters.

11 Likes

Whatever. Christians will be forced, for once, to “be not like the Hypocrites”.

5 Likes
19 Likes
20 Likes

NPR has been playing the full press conferences live. He does not sound remotely competent in them.

18 Likes

Analysis: That $2 Trillion Lifeline Will Only Last a Few Months

I just can’t even wrap my head around this. A few months. $2 fucking TRILLION dollars.

Let me guess who comes out of this richer.

11 Likes

What about our troops?

4 Likes

An interesting side affect of that in my neck of the woods:

22 Likes
21 Likes

Yes there is a thread about that elsewhere… I do wonder if not playing it and only playing edited clips later for reporting purposes is a better strategy? It seems to me that the people that support him don’t really care if he sounds competent… :woman_shrugging: So… I dunno.

4 Likes

Trump is calling for him to be kicked out of the Republican party.

7 Likes

Politics does make for strange bedfellows.

How can Trump be on the correct side of reality, finally?

7 Likes
19 Likes

These assholes are seriously using this crisis to dismantle everything:

The destruction of government has always been the end goal. The pandemic has been a gift for accelerating the timeline.

19 Likes

Pure coincidence. No worries, it won’t last long.

7 Likes

Is it? Seems to me that they claim that for publicity purposes, while actually consolidating government/ political power for their own purposes.

7 Likes
8 Likes

I think it’s a weird thing, but I’d say it’s the destruction of a particular kind of government or at least regulational government, aimed at securing greater equity and civil rights broadly. Like many other authoritarian regimes, they want to secure those narrowly, contingently, for those who fit into their narrow definiton of “American” and to ensure that those of us who don’t fit into those categories are forced to keep our heads down or suffer consequences. They want to dismantle any progress made on an actual country that really is for all of us, rather than just for profiteering for a singular few.

17 Likes