A database of professors who've traumatized the right's pampered little Special Snowflakes

THIS. Yes. My conservative, uneducated uncle insists that universities brainwash students into becoming liberal (because he heard that on conservative media). He points to my mother as an educated liberal, claiming she held the same views as him before she went to college. My mother points out that in their father’s conservative household, no discussion of dissenting views was allowed, so her silence was mistaken for agreement.

Yeah, conservatives deride the idea of “safe spaces” but they still want them. Conservative safe spaces are places where their ideas won’t be challenged, liberal safe spaces are places where the basic humanity of marginalized people won’t be challenged. The difference in approach is telling.

Not so much. Conservatives frame being a white supremacist/homophobe/misogynist as “just an opinion” that, if they’re not allowed to express in a school environment, is an attack on their rights to free speech, regardless of the effect on other students, and they get upset by the very idea that others would react negatively to them as a result. To them, there’s no difference between attacks on ideas and attacks on people.

Based on previous controversies, apparently only joking about killing liberal students is acceptable to them.

Yeah, if I was someone showing up on a conservative list, I’d be very, very worried these days. The right-wing has gotten really good at terrorism campaigns in recent years, and under tRump, I’d be even more worried about physical safety.

18 Likes
16 Likes

I’m disappointed that none of my great professors from University of Wisconsin – Parkside where listed. I’m just a student, but I wonder if I could list myself? I’m pretty damned outspoken, promoting FOSS, Copyleft, equality, and other concepts that traumatize the right.

14 Likes

If anyone has the contact information for this archaeology professor, I think he would be a good addition to this list.

29 Likes
23 Likes

I just cannot take this whiny…albeit rather disturbing…project seriously. My alma mater - a relatively enormous land-grant public flagship institution in ultra-crunchy Amherst, Massachusetts gets only ONE mention? And it’s just an economics prof…big deal ! In my day, the campus was considered Commie-Central. Surely things haven’t slipped that badly.

Then again, if such a notorious bastion of lefty indoctrination has fallen, the liberal end-times may well be upon us after all.

Thanks for the heads-up, you young campus right-thinkers!

10 Likes

Represent! UCSC! Go SLUGS! But only one person:

Dr. Bettina Aptheker is a distinguished Professor of Feminist Studies at the University of California, Santa Cruz. Aptheker was raised by well-known members of the Communist party, and then continued membership into her adult life, including being a leader of Leftist groups at her college as a student in the 1960s. She currently teaches feminist studies and calls her teaching philosophy “revolutionary praxis.” The goal of this style is to subvert the traditional “male-centered” teaching methodology and replace it with a “woman-centered perspective.”
"well-known members of the Communist party"? We have those now? "leader of Leftist groups" "subvert the traditional "male-centered"..."

Bet whoever submitted that is great fun at parties. Or not.

Just throwing it out there: the site DOES take image file uploads. Soooo…

9 Likes

As I’ve said before, I’m convinced that there’s something in conservative brains that simply can’t comprehend the idea of context.

If I can bring an AR15 hunting, then obviously I should be able to bring it to Toys R Us and the grocery store. If my English Lit teacher can use the word nigger when talking about Huckleberry Finn, then obviously I should be able to scream it at the president and BLM protesters.

And if someone can call you a Nazi because you support an authoritarian government run by antisemitic white supremacists, then obviously you can call them a Nazi for disagreeing with you.

13 Likes

Arguable. It’s been 500 years of genocide, forced assimilation, one sided deals, and theft, and there are still a lot of people arguing on behalf of Manifest Destiny.

4 Likes

People are shitty alright.

5 Likes

10 Likes

Notice that most of the professors targeted by these delicate snowflakes are minorities. Sad.

5 Likes

That sounds like a pretty sweet gig. I flunked out of university, so I assume I’m qualified? How do I apply?

1 Like

Except of course, there are people who challenge history profs on specific historical points, too. Not like “revolutions don’t exist” but on things like whether or not the confederacy was based on slavery.

12 Likes

The shitty little write up done about him says something about him wanting to spend money to end spending money in politics. Some of the other profs have specific things, but not him. I’d guess that someone got a bad grade or doesn’t agree with his views on intellectual property.

7 Likes

When I was there, I took a class with Peter Euben called Political Freedom. It was a great class, and if he was still there, I feel like he would be on the list. Some of the readings made me really uncomfortable, but that was the whole damn point. Freedom isn’t comfortable, it’s difficult and messy. Whiny reich wing babies would have messed their little pants.

15 Likes

I heard a rumour the guy behind this has been meeting with the Trump transition team. Given what’s going on in Turkey, I think it’s imperative to fill that database with very useful data, like this report about a reprehensible cat-torturer.

23 Likes

I assume geologists and biologists are automatically added to the list?

8 Likes

Are there many alt-righties in math and physics?

1 Like