A Deep Dive Into Cap'n Crunch

Cryptonomicon was put on a short list of LONG books to sink your teeth into by the NY Times over the weekend.

I was going to ask if this post was prompted by that, as the article discusses Cap’n Crunch and there really aren’t any coincidences any more.

3 Likes

The true source of QAnon?

2 Likes

But did anybody bother to count his fingers? This guy’s a cartoon and can dress any way he pleases. So there!

2 Likes

He has to be an alien, because he’s a cartoon character with 10 fingers.

2 Likes

I just want to know when and why it was decided to change the Cap’n from a gentle, kind old gent to a coke-addled rampaging lunatic who, if I were to see him at night in an alley, would make me turn and run.

2 Likes

I mean, for God’s sake, his eyebrows have somehow detached from his face!

1 Like

He was formerly Admur’l Crunch of the Royal Sealandia Navy’s 69th Fleet but was demoted when convicted of mopery and dopery. He was acquitted of the charges of flotsam and jetsam and so was allowed to remain in service. But bilge rats still flee in terror when his peg-legged footsteps (*) are heard. You would, too.

(*) Our cat suffered a rear leg fracture while dodging traffic. The vet fitted her with a nifty splint. When she walked our hardwood floors, all we heard was the klik-klik-klik of her peg leg. Mice could avoid her, dammit. Rodents ain’t deaf, y’know.

3 Likes

3 Likes

I always thought that the actual cereal was supposed to be barrels. Was that just me?

3 Likes

Stephenson says they’re supposed to look like treasure chests.

3 Likes

I’m glad you posted that and mad at myself for not posting it…

2 Likes

“My name is Richard Ayoade, or at least I think that’s how it’s pronounced

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.