A Freedom Convoy spinoff is traveling from California to Washington DC

Nothing says “freedom” like confining yourself to a vehicle on a street. I’d like to suggest they go somewhere crazy and free, such as the wild, untamed ocean.

7 Likes

Hasn’t anyone ever looked at the beltway traffic around DC?

It’s a disaster almost all the time. How would anyone even know if they were making it worse. I’m not even sure “worse” is a possible thing.

15 Likes

Was thinking along similar lines, except it’s easy for me to say, since I wasn’t stuck in that mess on I-95 a few weeks back (& don’t live in VA, so I don’t have to regularly slog thru that stretch on the regular). But yeah, it’s like stopping up a stopped-up terlet. Except festooned with garish & bigoted vehicular decals – so, there’s the worse.

7 Likes

A bunch of suburbanites driving across America; what could possibly go wrong?

12 Likes

Oh! It can be worse!

I live 11 miles from the office. It takes me anywhere from 30 minutes to 1.5 hours one way. Depending on what’s going on. Accidents and Rolling Thunder are two things that can really make the commute stand still.

A bunch of entitled, whining idiots with semis, RV’s and SUV’s? I will work from home, thanks.

ETA: My commute is on 66 and a bit of beltway.

15 Likes

151217atst

15 Likes

Is 66 ever really a good commute at a commuting time?

The PA trucker was looking at the area I95 West to the bridge, an area that’s always bad at rush hour.

There’s really only two options here:

• They stop and cause actual blockage (or an accident). They’ll get arrested and towed after this. That’s kind of the point of this kind of protest. It’ll cause some extra headache, but no worse than an accident that happens frequently.
  • They’ll drive really slow blocking all lanes but just fast enough to not get ticketed. That may cause an accident as other drivers rage, see the first option. Alternatively, a forced slow pacing of cars could actually improve traffic.

It’s not the ice storm where support vehicles cannot get to places.

It’s almost a full red ring of traffic right now, at 4:00 on Thursday with no protest.

4 Likes

Microsoft?

2 Likes

What an ignorant POS.

3 Likes

Anyone can miss Canada, all tucked away down there.

3 Likes

The only people who were ever seriously talking about secession in California are those “State of Jefferson” nuts who want to carve out a big chunk of Northern California and Southern Oregon into a new state for right-wingers, and they are almost certainly all in favor of this protest.

8 Likes

I like the part about “expungement papers have been filed” (@KathyPartdeux)

6 Likes

“Well look at that, the Beltway’s jammed! You’re welcome, Real America!”

6 Likes

I am wondering if the incorrect spelling is in someone’s auto correct since it is not the first time I believe.

Also for further information about Canadian Truckers (the good ones)

6 Likes

Thank you for pushing back and countering the bogus narrative. I’ve got a feeling this is going to be another one of those myths that persist for years. (I still run into people who think Al Gore actually claimed to have created the Internet.)

11 Likes

skyrocketing gas prices will hopefully cost them several arms and legs along the way

hell, i still run into people who think george bush won

10 Likes

While it’s a well traveled route now, perhaps someone could hack a few GPSs to direct them down a back road near the Donner Pass…

Of just into the ocean. I mean, it’s probably the Deep State and those Damned scientists that are telling you that you can’t drive your car on the bottom of the ocean.

3 Likes

Maybe they can use this flag once they’ve landed.
bouncy cal

11 Likes

That’s a different convoy. Same breed of idiot, and hopefully the California to DC convoy will meet with similar success. Before it set out, I was thinking (just thinking) about caltrops and was pleasantly surprised to hear that Bolus’s truck was delayed Wednesday by two flat tires. I’m wondering if someone in Scranton had similar thoughts.

2 Likes

California to DC is quite a bit of fuel to waste on bullshit.

9 Likes