A scared Trump admits he expects to be arrested Tuesday

Ah, but these are ‘wighte’ lives, with the all-important ‘e’ at the end, to make it Even MORE Wrong.

8 Likes

I didn’t even notice that extra E. Even worse than I thought at first glance.

3 Likes

Thanks. Glad I’m not part of their twisted world.

3 Likes

Like he would ever sign something like that.

12 Likes

On the other hand, it presumes there’s a shitload of money. I figure she drew the short end of the stick no matter what.

12 Likes

“Her emails” in 3… 2… 1…

15 Likes

I think he thinks he can’t be caught at anything because he thinks he’s too clever. :man_shrugging:

11 Likes

What does this mean? Is he saying someone is testifying for him or against him?

12 Likes

Who’d like to take a bet that Trump heard Cohen’s lawyer had some damning evidence against “Individual-1” and Trump was like “Great! Looks like they’re going to pin what I did on this Individual-1 guy…”?

17 Likes

Alina Habba has been way over her head from Day 1.

Raising the ire of a New York County Supreme Court judge (especially Judge Engoron) takes real effort. A complete lack of professional demeanor. Mostly the inability to stay quiet when a judge speaks. Basic litigator stuff.

I get the feeling she is chucking her legal career away for the more lucrative job as a Fox News talking head. Her unprofessional conduct being an audition.

13 Likes

Michael Cohen didn’t even take a plea deal against Donnie. Cohen had clients far more dangerous than an ex president who doesn’t pay his bills. Most notably Russian Mafia No Fault insurance (fraud) clients.

6 Likes

Or, if caught, avoid any actual consequences. So far, at least, that’s pretty much been the case.

6 Likes

Par for the course of Trump’s lawyers from at least 2020.

The giant thing dominating the picture, by not being there, is a serious Biglaw firm who would throw teams of ambitious lawyers at the cases. A former president, a billionaire, the Republican’s guy in 2024 unless legal or medical conditions interfere.

And yet he’s using disposable strip-mall gig lawyers.

15 Likes
  1. He doesn’t pay his bills
  2. He can’t sue his lawyers into backing off demanding payment like a contractor
  3. He doesn’t listen to his lawyers or take legal advice
  4. He expects cronies to commit crimes for him and big law firms aren’t desperate enough to do that.
15 Likes

I doubt he’s even a legitimate billionaire.

18 Likes

He’s not a legitimate anything.

18 Likes

:mushroom:

9 Likes

You can be a lawyer for a long time, but talking heads come and go, and there is seldom a third act—“former talking head” is not a qualification for anything :confused:

13 Likes

Canada’s satirical news outlet “The Beaverton” agrees.

This one is from the first Mar-a-Lago raids:

Trump has long been suspected of exaggerating his wealth to enhance his image, but given his many companies and creative accounting, it was difficult to prove. However, the fact that the government may actually apply the Rule of Law to his financial dealings instead of simply turning a blind eye and praising him as a “job creator” is the final nail in the coffin of his image as a billionaire.
“The raid proves he’s not a billionaire. If he’s arrested it means he’s not even a hundred millionaire. But if he’s convicted? Wow. That would mean he’s worth like 20 million max,” said Hemsley.

16 Likes

Why isn’t the estate of William Luther Pierce suing this guy? His whole stchick lately is straight out of “The Turner Diaries”.

I knew I heard this somewhere before Trump.

4 Likes